79 Mile Dolomite 1500HL Anyone?

Gary Flinn

18 hours ago, thescrapman said:

There's was a dealer that put lots of cars away that did not sell, or were returned very early in their life. HadHeralds with couple of thousand on the clock, that sort of thing.

Wonder if it is the same source?

I remember some of those cars being sold at Anglian Classic car Auctions 5 or so years ago, some Ex Triumph Dealer in the Norfolk area I believe had them stashed away?

I can remember a low Mileage Herald Estate & Vitesse Saloon being in the Auction.

I also also remember about 10 Years ago a Stag with Delivery Mileage being for sale at £20K on E-Bay, I wonder what happened to that one?

Gary

I assume they never brought in the legislation concerning the age of tyres ie they had by law to be changed every so often, or couldn't be older than a certain cut-off point? I read about it a while ago, but only glanced at it as there's no chance it will come in over here. I'm still waiting for a rolling historic-class date to get tax exemption, but we're stuck in 1973.

Colin ,

.gov says government is consulting about banning tyres greater than 10 years old for coaches, lorries and heavy vehicles. It will happen, there was a dreadful accident caused by a burst tyre, that set it all off. Then only a short step to including private cars.

Sman

you think it's lowered?!! It looks oddly high to me, but I'm no Dolomite expert.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, poppyman said:

It's been for sale for a while in various places, once at around £25K

Tony.

Yes

I suppose the best place for it is a Museum? 

The price is a bit more realistic now though, I'm sure if it was a Sprint it would have been snapped up for sure.

Regards

Gary