18 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

http://www.carbex.demon.co.uk/page13.html

dont see them 

needles may help  CDS 5AW      CD3  B5BG/B5CB/B5DG 

burlen

http://zenithcarb.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=3693l

and  3633L   http://zenithcarb.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=3633l

OFF A 2000

there is not much change between CDS and CD3  easy to say they are the same in broad terms 

Thanks Doug and Pete, so it confirms that the manifold and carbs are for a 2000, or would suit one. Thanks

Pat

you can can use the base carbs  just need to check the needles and such  the base carb is quite interchangeable   its only needles springs and piston weights that get changed 

the manifold would fit if refaced to make parallel  faces ( never tried that ) 

dont forgat sped tabs get swapped just to use the screws   IE the 3693  says its a 1.75"   what is the throat diameter ??? on yours  ??

Pete

Hi Johny, sadly the car came with no history and I was told that it came from Ireland, North or South I'm not sure. I suspect that the head has been ported and possibly a fast road camshaft fitted as theres not much power below 2,000 revs and then it comes in strong all the way up the rev range. The choke adjustment is also a problem and I can't get it adjusted to run nicely when cold on the choke, so i warm it up on the throttle before driving off. It also has an expensive fully adjustable rose jointed throttle linkage to the carbs which must have cost a bit when installed. It does run rich, the needles are correct, but does not like to idle below 850 rpm. Pete and others have said that Twin Stromberg 150 CDs suit the engine better so I would like to try those. if they work better I will put the SUs on e bay.  Thanks Johny

Pat

1 minute ago, Pete Lewis said:

you can can use the base carbs  just need to check the needles and such  the base carb is quite interchangeable   its only needles springs and piston weights that get changed 

the manifold would fit if refaced to make parallel  faces ( never tried that ) 

Pete

Yes Pete, just looking at the manifold, it would not need much taking off, but it seems a shame, when some 2000 owner would probably like a set to recondition this winter. I think that I will put them on e bay again Pete and then look for the correct Vitesse ones. The car is fine on the SUs so I can take my time, and i now know what to look for. Thanks Pete.

Pat

HB prefix  its a 1600  but manifold is same as 2ltr,      

see pic 3   most odd breather set up and not 1600 ,   closer look    there again thats a MK2 2ltr head   not a stepped mk1

explains why  carbs are CDs150 type choke  on front   . boot badge holes look   it was  a   vitesse6

that  should all work ok     make sure what ever manifold you get  1600/MK1   are nothing  like the MKII  you need 

Pete

49 minutes ago, johny said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2891211594282791/

Saw this, dont know if its near you but looks like a Mk2 for breaking....

Thanks Johny, its in Leeds and we live in Dorset!  I also don't have a Facebook account.  Pete suggested that as the 2000 manifold and carbs are good, having a little shaved off the intake flanges to bring the front and rear faces parallel would be a solution so this is my fall back position if i can't find a good manifold with / without carbs and a Banjo bolt that the seller has freed up!

Pat

42 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

HB prefix  its a 1600  but manifold is same as 2ltr,      

see pic 3   most odd breather set up and not 1600 ,   closer look    there again thats a MK2 2ltr head   not a stepped mk1

explains why  carbs are CDs150 type choke  on front   . boot badge holes look   it was  a   vitesse6

that  should all work ok     make sure what ever manifold you get  1600/MK1   are nothing  like the MKII  you need 

Pete

Yes Pete except the threads are completely stripped front and rear, so of cosmetic value only. I'll go and chat to a local engineering firm next week to see if they could skim a little off the flange faces to make the flanges parallel front to back and at the same time start calling around the Triumph breakers plus e bay. Thanks Pete

Pat

9 hours ago, PatK said:

Thanks Doug, you must have a good little eye! Yes there was a number under the brass tag, it was pretty mucky but it is as follows, 301,    3693L or 3633L Whats that mean then Doug, triumph 2000? Thanks Doug

Pat

3633L and its pair (3633R) were originally Triumph 2000 1973/74 European fitment - 150CD-3 with B5DG needles and Blue springs.

Gully