27th All Triumph Day at Duxford IWM

Pete Lewis

• 2 months later...

last year iwm had the club gates closed at 12oclock open 9am 

just got the costs today  need to work out a advert 

used to stay oen till 2pm but few turned up after 12 so this helps  a lot with marshalling times 

so i reckon close at 12 is the plan 

we are committed to £1500 booking fee for 100 tickets so we need to work on  the ticket £££ss  asap 

to give us a small £  towards our efforts 

watch this space  we are on this 

Pete

• 1 month later...

Gutted over all these events being postponed. After the last few years working renovating houses and sorting the gearbox on the GT6 and finally the Wife saying she would come to some of the events I now have time, someone to go with but the events are being postponed.

I fully understand but still gutted.

The moon's have aligned but Pluto has got in the way.

Graham

such a shame but no events are looking good this year.. Cambridge Folk Festival, Great British beer festival ,  Shuttleworth air shows, cancelled, no concerts, no plays, no music. No fun.

We have various trips planned this year in our camping van but most have/are being cancelled, my feeling is that very little will happen this year.. Feeling very gloomy about it all, will SORN the van tomorrow and just leave it on the drive. :(

Mike

14 hours ago, mpbarrett said:

such a shame but no events are looking good this year.. Cambridge Folk Festival

I have that on my 'to-do' list, must also get back to Cropredy if it ever happens again. Thankfully Fairport played over here a few months ago so that filled a gap somewhat. The longer this current situation lasts, the more events we'll have to attend afterwards to get back to normal.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Is there any likelihood that the Duxford event might be able to go ahead? With non-essential shops starting to reopen and larger places that can facilitate social distancing (eg car showrooms) being allowed to reopen i would like to think not all hope is extinguished! 

the booking is still in place but duxford as now remains closed 

we will make a decision on can we proceed or not when things become more clear 

and my area remains at risk of having to pay out £1500 with no guarantee of numbers attending and how we arrange social distancing if thats still in force

so its in mind but not in place and despite being september 27th time to advertise etc is fast running out 

so there is a distinct feeling we are going to miss this year like so many other events 

regards 

Pete and team at herts and beds tssc

• 2 weeks later...

its still very undecided 

no clues as duxford is still very closed 

will update as soon as we have a clue , 

but by the time anything begins to materialise we will not have time to promote and advertising 

with the min hire cost that risk is very concerning 

Pete

this event is now CANCELLED the  unknown ,the how to, social distances , financial risk of  loosing all our area funds  ,  avertising time scale

we have no option but to pull the plug on this our 27th event and we will have to wait till 2021 for a re run 

sorry about that  
pete

real shame always enjoy the Duxford show, cars and planes what could be better! But quite understandable decision. 

Interestingly The Shuttleworth collection have announced that they are reopening with an air show on 18 July but you have sit in or by your car in a designated area to watch it.

Mike

A hard decision Pete but the right one in all this uncertainty. Things are starting to take off re a return to normal - just had my first coffee out in months as our hotels, restaurants and pubs have all reopened since this morning, which was a surprise announcement and judging by how empty the cafe was, caught a lot of people out.

Holidays are getting back to normal, shops are reopening, so things are either going to continue on the road back to normality or we'll have a second wave and only time will tell.

I've booked a hotel for a trip to York in October, so may be jumping the gun but it's something to look forward to. In light of this what's the chances of a few shows starting up, with social isolation and stricter guidelines than normal? It must be do-able by now...

thanks guy's  its helpfull to know its going to be missed 

shuttleworth are doing a bar and BBQ evenings but there is mixed clues about if it will actually happen one in july and aug 1st i think

free entry but no idea of the BBq ££££    

Pete

there has been a real change in the IWM rules this week  and there might be a rethink on doing something simple 

so in view of this its ..................back to watch this space  keep fingers crossed 

if i get our team to give the go ahead we will have a Duxford Picnic   on the 27th sept    

should have a clue by mid week 

Pete