Overdrive options

SixasStandard

I don’t have a regular go-to place. Locally we have only HJ Chard, in Bristol. They made my special Vitesse one in 2006, charged handsomely for the privilege (although I supplied the ends) and then whinged bitterly when I insisted they balance it again, properly. It still vibrated, though a bit less.  I wouldn’t have recommended them back then and google reviews suggest that nothing much has changed. There is literally no one else in the South West and that’s how they survive.  Even longer ago I used Propshaft Services in Feltham several times and they were always excellent. I’ve also had various quotes from Dave Mac Propshaft who have always been very professional and I’ve heard only good things about them.

Pretty sure Clive uses a company in your part of the world?

Nick

Thanks Nick and Pete,

In fact Clive and I were chatting about this not so long ago.

Bailey Morris now own Feltham Propshafts (Propshaft Services) and their excellent reputation continues; they also have a base in St. Neots which I think Pete was alluding to. 

Yes Dave Mac also excellent reputation from what I have been told.

For us, it is very likely going be Feltham Propshafts.

Regards.

Richard.

My last prop was done by D+F up norf somewhere. And although I initially thought the UJ failure was down to something in the manufacture, it is more likely a combination of excessive UJ angles and the power put through the prop in a sometimes aggressive way (Santa Pod was very hard on the car, and I have been known to be heavy with teh right foot from standing starts at other times, though rarely on the public highway)

I think a trip to Feltham is on the cards for my the prop to be balanced, and I am toying with having another built with chunkier UJs, though that may be not be necessary now I have sorted the UJ angles. That was easier said than done...