change PLG to Historic taxation class

Pete Lewis

my 2000 is now ok for free road tax under the Historic classification,  a while ago i made contact with DVLA just to check this was easy , no dont do it yet wait till you get the reminder and yes pop down the PO, update and hand over the V5C and its all done ....just like that !!!!!!

well after its MOT today I duly trundled of to the local PO  all went well till the lass could only offer disabled  !!!  or payment

a call to dvla requested a personal call from me,  so back home , strong tea , call them and there's some  mismatch of data 

even though they agree the dates , so now its  recorded deliver  post to swansea, with all my papers and copies of the heritage 

factory build dates.

await the revised V5c   

I guess going from  payment to Free was never going to be "just like that"  

at least i  have till the end of month for them to "tax it"     

live in hope 

Pete

Pete

you used to be able to do this @ local DVLA offices, I did mine almost as soon as I got it as it had never been converted. Unfortunately the Government in its wisdom decided to close all these offices in 2013 so now your only option is sending it off to Swansea

What Fun! and I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Aidan

I have recent experiences. My spit went back on the road after 25 years. last month.

Local PO did it all, took 15 mins, and a form (which I think was wrong!) and bloke gave me a receipt for zero and 12 months tax. Haven't had the new V5 yet though. (did it all there)

I suspect the PO staff just have no idea, indeed this chap had to keep checking things on his puter.

Hard luck Pete! :(

I didn't believe it was going to be easy so I went to the local PO a month before hand and spoke to the couple who run it. They seemed hurt I had no faith in the system and reassured me all would be well. :unsure:

I returned on the day, in and out in 5 minutes, free disc in hand!

I guess it's the same everywhere, a few people know what they're doing and the rest are completely incontinent.