Bag of Sand.

Paula

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

off track ,   back in the 70s  we got  in law 's to take up cavity wall foam deal we got with ICI ( well not entirely) it was a 1 for them 2 for himself  and without sealing off some vents 

Mum found her vacuum and vegetables encased in the cupboard under the stairs ,  we were not amused !!!

well we were

Brilliant!

• Haha 1

On 22/02/2020 at 19:13, Paula said:

It took me awhile but i managed to to get up to Moordale Motors in Potters Bar. I was visiting a friend nearby so i chose them.

They said to do the work properly would cost at least £3000. It sounded like it would probably cost more after they had removed the roof and seen what's underneath.

That's very high! I've just had the rear end of the GT6 replaced - rear valence panel and boot floor, plus respray for £1300. £20 per hour for 58 hours. I got them to do a lot of other small jobs while they were at it, including small paint chips and rusty bits in arches and along sills. They even removed all the underseal from my rear wheel arches and repainted them in body colour.

You'll hardly want to come this far with yours... but it's worth pricing about - Moordale are probably good at what they do, but that's a high hourly rate.

19 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That's very high! I've just had the rear end of the GT6 replaced - rear valence panel and boot floor, plus respray for £1300. £20 per hour for 58 hours. I got them to do a lot of other small jobs while they were at it, including small paint chips and rusty bits in arches and along sills. They even removed all the underseal from my rear wheel arches and repainted them in body colour.

You'll hardly want to come this far with yours... but it's worth pricing about - Moordale are probably good at what they do, but that's a high hourly rate.

Try the South East. £50ph is cheap.... A tradesman in London (plasterer, sparky etc) will be about that. A garage has high overheads as well. I know somebody who reckoned he wasn't making much charging £75ph as a garage! Ouch. 

And try and Audi dealer (others similar I expect) Think they are about £150ph. Double ouch.

Just the reality of costs around the UK. Hence worth travelling to get work done.

1 hour ago, clive said:

Try the South East. £50ph is cheap.... A tradesman in London (plasterer, sparky etc) will be about that. A garage has high overheads as well. I know somebody who reckoned he wasn't making much charging £75ph as a garage! Ouch. 

And try and Audi dealer (others similar I expect) Think they are about £150ph. Double ouch.

Just the reality of costs around the UK. Hence worth travelling to get work done.

I was paying £75 per hr in Suffolk until I decided to do it myself ( with the help of this forum 🤗 ) never looked back 

Paul 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Not local to you but maybe a good guide 😁

Prices.thumb.png.1c029c14fa690898e043eeee4e441450.png

That's brill! Have you managed to work out what the noises relate to?

1 is a flat, 5 possibly noisy rockers, 8 sounds like a sticking starter and 9 an engine turning over but not firing... any other suggestions? (13 is a bit obvious...)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

1 is a flat, 5 possibly noisy rockers, 8 sounds like a sticking starter and 9 an engine turning over but not firing... any other suggestions? (13 is a bit obvious...)

Is 12 worn UJ

Paul

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That’s brilliant!