Oil pump question

SpitFire6

The oil pumps are slightly different early are iron later aluminium. Also the pickups are different, the early 1147 didn't have a strainer then they went to a straight pipe with a strainer and the later 1500 had an angled pickup and I believe a slightly larger pump. They will all fit though as I have the late angled type in my 1147. I can't see why the herald and spitfire would have different oil pressure as it's the same block crank and oil pump (for cars of the same period) 

Most suppliers these days are selling the same spring for all 4 cylinder cars; 131535 or 131535UR. Early Heralds were 100420; I don't have the Spitfire manual to confirm but I'd guess that newer version is what's on offer these days for all 4-cylinder cars. It would be interesting to know the spec of the uprated version compared to the standard. Some suppliers are also selling the same spring for the 6-cylinder cars too. 

• Like 1

so  Ian   where does the 60 come from  its not in any of the OE manuals i have ...  be it 4  IV or four  it seems a book typo problem or miss quote

all 4 cyl have the same spec whatever they are fitted to    some pump tolerances evolve but the base spec 40-60  x2000  is common for all time 

pete