GT6 differential front flange castellated nut

The breather hole is clear. I did overfill a bit while the car was on axle stands, but I then lowered it to normal height, and let it stand for the oil to drain from the filler overnight, before replacing the plug. The oil leak is definitely coming from  between that cross member and the front of the diff. (Also, the drive shaft oil seals are not leaking at all)

the front carrier is held on with 4 wedgelock bolts these are bolts with a tapered shank , as the hole in the carrier are bigger than the thread diameter of the bolt ( 3/8unf )

i would suggest you remove  these and seal the threads they should have a internal star washer fitted , these threaded holes are not generally thro to the oily bit but 

this is the only part i can think would leak where you see it 

and a word of warning if they are just a std straight shank bolt they will come undone and if a bolt unscrews will seriously lock the propshaft and make a earth shattering racket

4481-Large.jpg

OK thanks again for the help. As you say, Pete, there is no access for oil to get through those bolt holes in the diff  normally. If the oil seal is leaking, as I understand it, there should be oil coming out at the FRONT of that carrier (thanks for the right word!) which it definitely is not. I have laid under the car with the wheels turning (scary), and I can watch the oil seeping out between the carrier and the front of the diff. The bolts are certainly tight, and without more investigation, I'm slightly reluctant to just undo them without knowing what i'm going to do then. 

there is no problem in removing lets say one bolt at a time  , there is unless something has cracked no reason for oil to be in that zone other

than from the oil seal or the 4 bolts   so one of the items has a problem 

easy and cheap is to remove bolt ,seal the threads and refit, if they are not wedgelocks  and star washers  renew them

as a matter of course anyway

pete