Dolomite And Project Antics From Shropshire

Hi, been a TSSC member since January but only now have investigated the forum so thought I would "introduce myself" so to speak seeing as there is a category for it :)

Im an 18 year old student studying mechanics at college with a love for Triumphs only discovered at the start of 2019. I ended up seeing some spitfires on the motorway early last year, thought they looked quite nice and with some pursuasive words with my parents they reluctantly agreed to fund the purchase of a 71 spitfire. Needless to say it all went down there in that since then i have aqquired two more spitfires ( one in paper and tub form), a 2000 mk2 in collab with my father and a dolomite I now daily drive.

My "spitfire" is a work in progress, its going to end up less spitfire more gt6 in that my tub was backed into a trashed and its got a gt6 mk2 bonnet and 2.0 engine. Currently searching for a Gt6 Mk2 tub to rebuild from. 

My Rust-it brown dolly is my daily driver, not the bets of nicks and a little iffy in some places but gets me from A to B.

2000 mk2 is going to end up with a v8 in it for my dad

and the second mk3 spit i bought in january and was so rotten it was like tissue paper.

Needless to say im going to be around for the long run seeing as with limited cash income my projects arent going anywhere anytime soon. 

Look forward to using the forum more in the future.

See you around!

IMG_20200328_152526.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Nice Dolly! I was offered some recently but one was far gone and the other was too expensive for the basket case it really was. That looks to be very solid.

It's quite good really for its age. A decent amount of previous repair work has gone on (some quite badly and in need of replacement hence the gaffa tape and hole in the front left wing) but for the most part it's pretty good

2 hours ago, NonMember said:

Looks quite tidy - better than the 1850-engined 1500HL I had as daily transport back in the late '90s. Rust brown cars do seem to rust less than some colours.

It's not too bad at all, some dodgy repair work which is slowly being rectified but for the most part it's sound.