Manifold spherical washer.

Anthony G

Hi all,

While preparing to take the inlet manifold off my '64 Vitesse 1600 (Solex carbs), I found that one of the clamps was missing a spherical washer (Part no 119324).

Rimmers have one listed but, at £7.32, it's a bit steep, unless it's my only option.

Does anybody have one they would be prepared to sell me, please?

18 minutes ago, Anthony G said:

Many thanks! 😁

(It comes to something that it takes a Coronavirus Lockdown to persuade me to polish/ paint the manifolds on a car I've owned for 25 years ... it's either that or mow the lawn ... 😖)

I like mowing the lawn! I just put headphones on, stream something by bluetooth, and forget about all the woes of the world. It's quite therapeutic.

I think I sold all my washers when I changed the engine from Mk1 to Mk2; I know I sold the entire manifold fitting kit, clamps, bolts etc but will check in about half an hour when I'm out there, just in case there were ever spares.

Hi all,

Thanks for your efforts to find one and your suggestions.

I will take a look at the later types with a view to possibly modifying one. If all else fails, there's always buying one, so I won't be stuck. (That said, I ran her for years without knowing one was missing, so it can't be that essential ...)

Hi

Would that be what is described as a Cone washer? the radius part fits a dimple in the clamp?. Didn`t find one but I did find a part gasket set for a Vitesse.!!. That`s been there from the 80`s and 4 house moves!. If I cut 2 cylinders off will it fit a Herald (tongue in cheek🤣)

Pete

• 1 year later...

Damn, I’ve lost one too, 2-hours on my knees on a gravel drive with no luck, I dropped them all and can only find 5😞. Is there another spare exhaust manifold clamp washer out there like Anthony G’s photo I could have/buy for my 63 1600 Vitesse.

Thanks for looking!

21 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Get a magnet, worked for me when i dropped a window winder pin on gravel 

Once tried that, never found the nut I was looking for, But an interesting selection of metal of indeterminate origin, that had obviously been "delivered" with the Gravel.

Pete