Too slack?

Tanky

20 hours ago, Nigel Clark said:

Try refitting the securing pins into a Triumph window winder handle if you haven't done it for a while... Back to square one!

Nigel

Now THAT I can do. Thin-nosed pliers with a cable tie round the nose grip the pin while you hold the trim back against the spring with the other hand. 

1 hour ago, poppyman said:

You do it the same Nigel?

Tony

Ref the door winder pin I use a bit of coat hanger to locate the handle and pin then pull it down leaving a 1/8in at the upper end to insert the pin in. I attach the pin by it’s non tapered end to one of the new thin flexible shafted magnets and simply insert the pin in the hole while pushing the trim back. once located in the hole just push the pin in sliding the coat hanger out, once the pin is level slide the magnet off.

Re timing chain spring I remove the old one by simply opening up the two leafs and pulling off, similarity insert the new one put the screwdriver in to open a little at the pin end slide the separated leafs over the pin and push/pull into place. Ok the leafs are slightly apart but compress once in contact with the timing chain. There’s no need to touch the pin and those b@@@@@ washers and split pin, been doing that way 50yrs and no failures yet, only removed pin once never again 50yrs ago, ended up refitting pin sans spring and then pulled spring into place even then.

now I await the “you can’t do that” hey it works for me! To pull to spring in place you have to really push and pull.

Peter T

• Like 1