Driving today

Mathew

My GT6 moved under its' own power this evening for the first time since August 2018 when we had the slight mishap coming back from a run; fitting the driver's seat was the final touch bar the two trim panels under the rear hatch - they've still to be altered slightly. NOW I need to find out if they're still doing MOTs over here; if so I can do the shopping runs in something a bit more fun than a Mondeo.

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Well done Colin!

Yesterday I found the packet of strange fixing clips for the trim, missing these 2 years. I was determined not to buy more so my rear trim flaps about a bit.

Under the spare wheel, who’d have thought it?!!

Doug

Lockdown..... amazing what you do, and where you rummage about, when there's nothing else to do...!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed a run to a local farm shop today, they do a fair range of fruit and vegetables and a good range of local beer i.e. Wally's Revenge from the Why Not Brewery. Nice and warm for the drive with the roof down for a change, have not driven the modern for about four weeks.

Regards

Paul

Washed the Mondeo for the first time in six months. I must be getting bored.

On 18/04/2020 at 08:35, dougbgt6 said:

Yesterday I found the packet of strange fixing clips for the trim, missing these 2 years. I was determined not to buy more so my rear trim flaps about a bit.

Under the spare wheel, who’d have thought it?!!

I took the carpets out of the Herald Estate two days ago, found the small metal bar for the tap handle plus a 7/16 socket and 7/16 spanner, so now I know where the Gremlins hide them.

Before putting the spare wheel back and putting on the rear floor I had a poke around under that fuel tank with my magnet on a stick and found, the missing screw for the board over the tank! AND my favourite Stillson wrench! Medium size, the most useful, oh joy is me! Needs cleaning up and re-painting, I have blue Hamerite somewhere. :)

We should have a re-discovered tools thread, or, things I found under the carpet.

Doug

• Like 2