Is the Club shop open or not?

Hello

I am not attempting to cause any problems but in these trying times I am confused by the club shop. The other day I wished to order some triumph bits and pieces, and wished to order them through the club to get a good price and help the club out. I checked the forum for information and saw this:

"CORONA VIRUS URGENT NOTICE! We have CLOSED HQ Club Shop under instruction from UK Government on non essential business along with the museum and offices. TSSC VALUATIONS CAN ONLY BE HANDLED BY EMAIL to courier@tssc.org.uk for the immediate future. Stay Safe, Comply with the law and STAY HOME. Thank you for your understanding at this time"

I took this as the whole club was shut, including the shop organising purchases to be couriered to your home.

So I place my order with another supplier and paid a bit more. Just catching up with the magazine and noticed it say the shop is open for on line purchases.

If this correct would it be possible to state this on the forum as you may be losing business at this time, if not fine no probem.

Anyway, I hope all at the club HQ and all members are safe and please take care.

Graham

Hello Graham,

I believe it may have been prudent to place a telephone call initially.

Had you phoned TSSC HQ you would have heard a pre-recorded message stating that the HQ and Club Shop are now closed until further notice. In order to assist, there is a mobile phone number provided within the message should members wish to make further contact.

Regards.

Richard.

Not a lot of stock is held at HQ and the shop rely on suppliers to have their own stock. It is possible that as HQ staff are working from home they could pass on orders to club suppliers? It makes sense to keep the wheels ticking over. But as Richard says, phone!

Doug

Hello

I did not bother phoning as the statement clearly says the shop is closed, why waste my time phoning to ask about a closed shop. However, I queried this after reading p5 of the courier today which stated "Shop items can be ordered via mail order or e mail" so this clearly indicates we can still be supplied from the club. Again I assume shop items covers all the goods shown in the catalogue.

I am hoping that someone from the Club/COM is reviewing this forum and will review the message to see if it accurately reflects the true trading position. I am highlighting this as the Club could be losing valuable revenue during these trying time.

Graham

I just ordered a couple of items from the clubs on line site and it took my money including p&p so I naively. So I expect the parts to be dispatched?? If orders are not going to be sent then the site should be temporarily shut down. 

Iain 

5 hours ago, Graham C said:

I did not bother phoning as the statement clearly says the shop is closed, why waste my time phoning to ask about a closed shop.

Oh well, had you phoned you would not be posting this. Moral of the story is, do not believe everything you read & think outside the box it's the way forward !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone 

Thank you for bringing this to the forum that’s what a facility like this is for .

The Tssc hq is currently closed as instructed by the government during Covid 19 lockdown, two of our staff are Furloughed and the other two are working shorter hours at home.

We are trying our best to keep the club running as best we can during these difficult times, the April Courier was sent to print two weeks before the government lock down hence the confusion ,it is still possible to order on the Tssc website or by calling hq and getting transferred to the mobile phone but please be aware we are not dispatching as quickly as we normally do as no one is working at Tssc hq.

All orders received in the last two weeks have been dispatched and should be with people if not already in the next couple of days, future orders will be dispatched at some point when someone goes into hq, this is only happening once a week .

Please  be mindful that the safety of our staff has to take priority normal service will be back as soon as possible 

Stay safe everyone and enjoy working on your cars 

Chris Gunby 

Tssc chairman 

• Like 1

Thank you Chris. I appreciate the clarification on how you are running the club in these trying times. As you said this what the forum is for and by asking the question all who read the forum will now have the answer and a greater understanding.

Yes Classiclife if I had bothered to phone, only I will have had the information not the whole forum. Hopefully Chris will amend the statement on the forum which will save time of those who are working answering the same question numerous times and also hopefully help the club gain some much needed revenue.

Again thanks Chris for the update.

Graham

I emailed about parts availability and, as usual Angie was very helpful.  She took payment for a GT6 clutch and one or two other bits.  They arrived Friday (pretty quick in the circumstances).  As Graham says its good to support the club and get cheaper parts.  Not sure the Government can force closure of the shop.  As far as I understand it, motor factors (like Halfords) can still trade. Also, online orders are fine (as long as appropriate measures are taken in the workplace re distancing).  Mixed messages are being sent out by the Government and others (esp the police who have now "clarified" their approach).  Businesses that can trade should and they should find ways of trading observing the restrictions but working differently.  A business doesn't need to be "essential" to trade.  The economic cost of this will be unimaginable and the loss of tax revenue that funds public services like the NHS will be significant and damaging in the long run.  We should try and mitigate it by supporting all those we can where it doesn't involve large numbers of people passing on the virus. 

Bob

• Like 3

I can confirm Angie is answering the phone via mobile number given when you phone the shop. 

I placed two orders for multiple parts but one item was out of stock. Angie phoned me to say she has contacted their supplier and they are sending today. Superb service, support our Club! 

Iain 

I ordered the oil and filter offer on 23rd, delivered this morning.  I phoned the mobile number and spoke to Angie, she took the details and said that her son was helping with despatches so they would get it away as soon as possible.   Great service as always.