passenger side bulkhead front panel

Ian Faulds

hi all, wonder if anyone can help me out, I am looking for a decent 2nd hand front bulkhead panel from a spit/gt6 part no is 818785, 

I know their not available and wondered if anyone had a scrap body with an intact  bulkhead piece on it. 

if anyone can help could you p.m me please . thanks. 

bulkhead.jpg

4 hours ago, Ian Faulds said:

hi all, wonder if anyone can help me out, I am looking for a decent 2nd hand front bulkhead panel from a spit/gt6 part no is 818785, 

I know their not available

Chic Doig will make one on request, or would probably have a used one from a tub somewhere. He'd be my first port of call.

hi scrapman ive sent you a message, ive just blown the pic up on the p.c, might be the pic but is that a patch to close the sill front it doesn't look like the sill closing panel.

the one that's on my  car is a disgrace, so it looks better im not after new but want a fairly sound one. thanks , id like to buy it if you reckpn its pretty sound.

It's funny (and no help to Ian, sorry!) but when I first started on eBay those panels were everywhere; I bought a few different original Stanpart sections, used some, sold some through autojumbles after I didn't need them, for pennies... and then the price went up, and up, and up... and now you don't see them any more! It's the same with a lot of my spares; all bought very cheaply and salted away back in the early to mid-2000s, and now completely impossible to find. If only we'd known...

Sorry Ian - back to the thread.

Here's my mate Pete making making a replacement on my car (drivers side).  The preious video (Passenger side) in the series is even more amazing (even if he spends a fair amount of time taking the pee out of my extreme filling some 25 years ago) 😑😑

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF4DMDYgYxU&list=PLj9GWtoWPbyC-8CdRztPyRoWs7FljO_Fq&index=10&t=0s

You can follow Petes amazing restoration skills on my GT6 on youtube as well as previous Vitesse restorations.   A very talented man.

My car had very bad crash damage on the passenger side and a lot of corrosion everywhere else.  He's nearly done now, fitting carpets next week  😃

On 18/04/2020 at 19:13, rulloyd said:

(even if he spends a fair amount of time taking the pee out of my extreme filling some 25 years ago) 😑😑

Richly deserved I fear - I though we'd found some pretty grizzly bodges on our GT6 - and we did - but that is in another league 😀

Nick

On 25/04/2020 at 18:29, Nick Jones said:

Richly deserved I fear - I though we'd found some pretty grizzly bodges on our GT6 - and we did - but that is in another league 😀

Nick

Mate, if you are 19, no money and you can't weld, I think it's perfectly justified.  It looked like the origial after I'd done it and lasted all 35 years.

All his comments are tongue in cheek.  Pete is a mate of mine. 😉