Sound deadening the rear tub

ahebron

PeteH

Sorry I have just seen your post, I applied it on a warm day and did not noticed any odd smells nothing to make me question the material, anyway in our car after 30/40 hears you should have strange smells, my Spitfire has a lovely smell completely different to the GT6,which has quite an empty smell.

I am very happy with it on the inside of the gear box tunnel.

Go for it, a lot better value than the other products on the market.

Once when watching one of those US car programs they applied sound proofing to a pick up truck and it was just patches to stop the drumming.

With regards to houses the noise would transfer through the joists, in a program about cross rail being built under a concert hall they put the rails on absorbing material to stop vibration, and vibration is just a lower wave form to sound.

Graham

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Graham C said:

PeteH

Sorry I have just seen your post, I applied it on a warm day and did not noticed any odd smells nothing to make me question the material, anyway in our car after 30/40 hears you should have strange smells, my Spitfire has a lovely smell completely different to the GT6,which has quite an empty smell.

I am very happy with it on the inside of the gear box tunnel.

Go for it, a lot better value than the other products on the market.

Once when watching one of those US car programs they applied sound proofing to a pick up truck and it was just patches to stop the drumming.

With regards to houses the noise would transfer through the joists, in a program about cross rail being built under a concert hall they put the rails on absorbing material to stop vibration, and vibration is just a lower wave form to sound.

Graham

Thanks. I`ll look further into this, but it sounds promising. So long as any "odour" is not intrusive, and IMV it should not be, especially in a Convertible!. Then it looks favourite. I suppose the O/E sound material would have automatically have been Bitumen based anyway?.

Hi, got a deal on the Noico, via Amazon £49-99. plus free Freight!. Spread it out loosely and it looks as if it will do the Front a rear tubs. Might have to invest in a couple of sheets for the boot though. Cannot fit it currently as the Air temperature is below the recommended 60F. So working on possibly a "Wood Burner" for the garage!.

Pete