last GT6 off the production line

saxplayer

As my car was first registered in June 1974 it must have been one of the last off the production line. I believe the last one was commision number KE (KF) 24218.  Mine is KE24018. Does any one own from this num on wards or do i own the last !!!! 

According to one web site. Of the 74 registration, 57 are licensed and 77 are sorn.

cheers. Shaun 

Commission numbers on the MK3 ran up to KE24218, last one rolled off the production line in December 73. There used to be one in Essex back in the 90s that was first registered in 1975 on an N plate. It had obvuosly taken the garage a long time to sell that one out of the showroom!

If you want to know when yours was produced you can get a heritage certificate from Gaydon which will confirm this, particularly useful for proving that your car is tax exempt as it's the manufacture date not the registration date that detrmines this and ALL GT6s are tex exempt now. See:-  http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/store/heritage-certificates-and-archive-services/heritage-certificates.html

Dont take any notice of the websites that show how many are left, the data is very eroneious as it depends on how the operative at the DVLA enetered the data whcih was a bit inconsistent...

My first GT6 was registered in September 1974 and was 24159, 59th from last, and I've never seen a newer one than that on the road. Unfortunately I had to sell it in the mid 90's and have regreted it ever since. It was TKG708N, in magenta as most of the very late ones seemed to be.

My first GT6 was registered in September 1974 and was 24159, 59th from last, and I've never seen a newer one than that on the road. Unfortunately I had to sell it in the mid 90's and have regreted it ever since. It was TKG708N, in magenta as most of the very late ones seemed to be.

Apparantly it was mot until july this year and is now on a sorn.The colour is now red  !

shaun

"The Last Spitfire" off the line was NOT the Spitfire with the highest VIN, despite anything that Gaydon might say.

Cars were returned to production if quality control found fault with them and processed through again, so that a lower numbered car could, and did, often, come off after those with higher numbers.

So I'd expect the same of GT6s.

John

This is far too cryptic for me !

For the right price, there is the opportunity to have the last registered GT6. It is waiting to be registered on the date of your choosing, once you complete building it, and it should receive the current registration sequence.

It will sadly become the only GT6 liable to road tax... :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...