Opinion on Buzzweld

Hi all im looking at starting to paint the GT6 bonnet and iv been toying with the idea of spraying the underside of my bonnet with Buzzwelds rust incapsulator then War paint before I weld in th wheel arches.

Has anyone had experience with there products and would recommend 

and secondly am i doing this in the right order painting then fitting wheel arches.

I guess you want to do this so the bonnet gets painted in the "awkward" area?

Hugh Roberts restored a vitesse years ago, probably the best restoration done? it won the UK's biggest concours event back then, against every other make (eg Astons, Jags and other big-number restorations) which puts it in perspective.

I digress... but I remember him doing the painting first, but you need clean metal to weld, or a weld through primer. He used a heat barrier putty and if my memory isn't playing tricks, wet cloths immediately after each weld. 

Inevitably there will be some burning, welding just gets so hot. BUT if you can beg/borrow/steal a proper spot welder, the heat is so much less.

As to Buzzwelds products, not heard anything bad about them (unusual!) and some good things. But it will need paint again after where damage is done.

1 hour ago, clive said:

Hugh Roberts restored a vitesse years ago, probably the best restoration done? it won the UK's biggest concours event back then, against every other make (eg Astons, Jags and other big-number restorations) which puts it in perspective.

*** Thread drift alert *** BUT: where did that car go? KOD *** F, wasn't it? I remember that he built it from totally original parts, all NOS stuff.

Just now, Colin Lindsay said:

*** Thread drift alert *** BUT: where did that car go? KOD *** F, wasn't it? I remember that he built it from totally original parts, all NOS stuff.

It was at the club HQ, but no idea where it went after that. I think the club owned it, but was it sold?  

And yes, I remember the articles about how he travelled vast distances to collect a single panel/bit of trim or whatever.