Anyone been out in their car?

Steve P

46 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

It would be very much appreciated, fortunately it’s only one dash pot.

There’s no reference that I can find for twin Strom 150CD on a Spit 1500

Twin Stroms were NEVER factory fitted to any Spitfire.  Some export ones had a single Strom.  If twin carbs were fitted they were always SUs.

Drive It Day is almost upon us!  This Sunday, and if you can do something to raise money, it's for the NSPCC's Childline - what better charity?  So please get out there.

My neighbours have kindly said they will sponsor me to drive from where we live to Kendal and back - actually, I suspect that some would pay more if I did't drive the noisy beast back!

If you can find sponsors, dirfect them to the Just Giving webpage: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/driveitday-supportingchildline

Bo'ness 2018.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KevinR said:

Twin Stroms were NEVER factory fitted to any Spitfire.  Some export ones had a single Strom.  If twin carbs were fitted they were always SUs.

I know but I’m building a 1500 for daughters Spit and I prefer Strom’s to SU’s the inlet manifold has DIY adapters fitted for Storms and I believe SAH or someone had a conversion kit so there must be a spec somewhere. Also Strom’s easier to get over 1.5 SU’s

11 hours ago, Anglefire said:

And very nice it was too! About 40miles done - fuel gauge is now on just under 1/4 - and I just can't see the fuel in the tank now - I have got a spare gallon in the boot just in case - but think I have at least 50 miles left.

To help see if there is any left you could drop a burning match into the tank. . .🙊

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2021 at 14:47, sulzerman said:

Going on holiday in our 2500 saloon. 108 miles from home to Forest of Dean, plus travelling in the week. Should cover around 400 to 500 miles in the week.

Did 560 miles, went round the clock too on M48 in Wales

22 hours ago, Unkel Kunkel said:

Been out in the car?

It was nice and sunny yesterday.

Spitfire went out on a short journey... well part of it did..

About ten feet ... on the “Fred Flintstone frame” 

A492638D-FA08-4033-9F46-D99F27E0D2BE.thumb.jpeg.6bed42c2cccb8f09f0126eb641aa736a.jpeg 

Nothing like a Fred Flintstone frame, unless it's a Fred Flintstone rotisserie..!

_IGP0009.JPG