MK3 Spitfire Distributor blanking plug

SlickV8

18 hours ago, SpitFire6 said:

Hi Adrian,

They are from http://www.magnecor.co.uk/ . I told them end to end lengths I wanted and what style plug end I wanted. The coil ends were the requested Ford Gen1 ends.

Originally I purchased a couple of sets 90's Mazda carbon leads with Ford Gen1 Ends. They were mostly too long , so I cut the plug ends & fitted NGK Type R screw-on plug ends.
Periodically the carbon leads would fracture/breakdown internally.

I wanted a set that would never breakdown & has low EMI/EMR because of my ECU. Hence the Magnecor KV85's.
I have used the lifetime guarantee once. If I have to request a warranty again I will not waste my time, but just purchase a new lead.

Cheers,

Iain.

I'm also in the same boat and the generic set of over-long leads from Trigger Wheels annoy me every time I open the Spitfire bonnet (though generally forgotten as soon as I close it).  Do you happen to remember how much the custom set cost vs a standard Magnecor set at the time?  Are they actually reasonably priced or do they empty your wallet?

Hi,

I think the custom set was around 90 quid. I have the receipt & will confirm when I find it.
I think the Magnacor are around 70 Ohms a CM. Zero problems with EFI. Measure a few times to order the correct lengths. Consider the lengths that will enable you to swap over pairs at the coil to even wear on the plugs.

I bought junk leads from "mr-retro-leads-plugs" for 50 quid so a bargain at £90.

Cheers,

Iain.

That doesn't sound too bad - though I'm now thinking about modifying things to remove the non-functional dizzy and replace it with a blanking plug and coil pack combo, moving the coil pack from the bulkhead to where the dizzy used to be, which would completely change the required lead lengths.  Some Fords mounted the coil pack off the block so don't think there should be any heat issues...

Why complete one job when you can start another!