1967 Triumph Herald Estate for sale

Paul H

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I don't know if that makes it any more valuable; it's quite a high price when you see the actual condition; I suppose it all depends on what intention any buyer would have for it. I'd buy that red interior if he'd sell it separately... 

It's hard to put a price on it Colin, it's always going to be worth more in parts and we knew that when we built it. It's a small portion of what it cost to put together (much less than 50%) and we feel that it represents good value for a solid estate that would make a great 10CR or RBRR car with some TLC. Ideally we want to see it stay in one piece, it's certainly not rotten beyond repair like most 1200 estate projects I've seen recently.

Selling you the interior would be committing to breaking it, which I'm sure you'd agree would be a shame for a complete car. It's a shame we can't keep it, but once the pandemic restrictions are finally lifted I'm moving abroad and storing my other Herald is already proving non-trivial. My co-conspirator Mike is in a similar predicament.

Thanks for posting it up here Paul, I'm happy to answer any questions or supply pictures.

-David

1 hour ago, JumpingFrog said:

It's hard to put a price on it Colin, it's always going to be worth more in parts and we knew that when we built it. 
-David

Very true, and I meant it in the best possible way - it all depends on the intention of the buyer. If it's going on display due to the provenance, or being shown to a wider audience by an new owner as a highly individual Herald with an interesting story behind it, then that has a reflection on the price; but if it's someone who merely wants a Herald then the TLC it needs might make it appear an expensive purchase.

It was a superb expedition and the car should go to a good home, but will any new owner want to keep it as it is, and will any restoration or renovation affect the ultimate value? It's not an easy question to answer and I suppose up to the eventual purchaser. I tend to forget how much Triumph prices have increased in the last decade or so... haven't been looking to buy anything other than a rusty Herald or two... but here's hoping it goes to a good home where it's appreciated, like all Heralds should.

(BTW I wasn't serious about the seats, I really need black ones!)

Mike here, I owned the car with David.

The car went to a nice gentleman in York today, just a street down from where I work in fact so I'll likely see it again!

I've pointed him to this club as a good place to join, and to the various online sources detailing what we did with the car. He plans to run the car as it is, tinkering with it here and there as a bit of an ongoing project :)