Brake Cleaner

PeterH

12 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

to make it more smelly  squirt some behind your mask.....dont do this at home 

its better than wait till i get you home   !!!!!!!!!!!

That's the same as the old joke about making your house smell fresh in every room; spray air freshener on your collar.

• 5 months later...
On 27/06/2020 at 10:06, Pete Lewis said:

its a clean evaporating product which is good at de greasing and cleaning just about anything its very useable clean and evaporates to a dry clean finish

on brakes it removes resin deposits on disc drums etc.  its really a jack of all trades stuff , economical to use , especially if bought from any decent factors in 5ltr cans for around £10 - 14 

as said you must use a proper pump  spray   £8 - 20   , but i would not be without it  .1l Brake Cleaner Solvent Spray Bottle Adjustable Dispenser Alcohol

Just a word of caution with the sprayer shown above, I sourced one and it worked really well with Holts brake cleaner on its first use, however the sprayer then stopped working and I contacted the supplier, eventually I got a refund but I noticed that they had altered the item description to include only suitable for acetone and solvent free use.

Anyway I’m now looking for a new sprayer that is suitable for brake cleaner (holts brand) so any recommendations appreciated.

Hi

Budget Job?. Mr Muscle Shower Cleaner, or similar "throw away" sprays,(other brand(s) availabable!) When the Spray Bottle is empty, I recycle them for Brake cleaner use, they tend to last a couple of weeks or so before the spay head gives up the ghost, at which point I swap the spray head for the next one then (recycle) bin the useless one. Been doing this for some 10 years now.

Pete