Spitfire 1500 rear shocks

So, after the engine rebuild I can't quite afford the Koni rear shocks I've set my heart on, but could do with some replacements.

I've found Monroe branded ones at a reasonable price, but are they any good? Or just a Monroe brand on the same shocking brandless tat that gets sold?

KYB have a good reputation and are reasonably priced but the ones for my mkiv spit are rare.

Finally got a pair of rears earlier this year. Still to put them on but I will have a pair of Munroes for sale later in the yesr, only 200 miles on them. Don't know if they are any good for a 1500.

David Manners sell "Woodhead" - https://www.abingdonmgparts.co.uk/product/shock-absorber-rear%3a--herald%2c-vitesse%2c-spitfire%2c-gt6/gsa385woodhead
I suspect like Monroe, this won't be the same as the Woodhead of old.

Not a recommendation, as I've still not fitted the pair I have (designated as spares), just another option. Although they are all metal construction unlike the unbranded ones.

If you want Konis, cheapest way to get them is from Bastuck in Germany (around £80ea + P&P, so still not cheap), they would be my preference as I've not managed to kill mine...

35 minutes ago, JumpingFrog said:

If you want Konis, cheapest way to get them is from Bastuck in Germany (around £80ea + P&P, so still not cheap), they would be my preference as I've not managed to kill mine...

Thanks for the recommendation! I was going by the prices from Larkspeed for the Konis since they are local.

Hmmmmm. If I sell a kidney maybe I can have the Konis.