CC inner CV's source?

Hi,

I have the Canley Classic rear end setup.

My inner CV's have wear. I have emailed Dave as online they have no stock. I believe they are prop-shaft CV's.

Anybody have source of 2 CV's that don't cost 600 quid+

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Iain.

Actually, looking at the shape of the 1300 CVs, they would have to be on the outer end of the GT6 shaft conversion. I've heard the other CVs (inner) were from Volkswagen Audi application.

That may just be rumour, and I've no idea which VAG vehicle they were supposed to come from. There must be someone around who knows for sure.

Nigel

4 minutes ago, Bob Horner said:

Mmmmm..... fit and forget......????  Perhaps not?

Bob

(Someone with a rotoflext mk2 GT6 contemplating this upgrade)

The Canley CV conversion was one of the first, if not the first to market. Currently available CV conversions are based on modern joints.

Does that make them longer lasting? Time will tell but I'm confident the currently available CV shafts will out last Rotoflex couplings.

Nigel

• Like 1

CC conversion uses 1500 FWD CVs for outer joints (1300 are smaller).

Inner joints are the pot joints that were used on some propshafts. The ones I know of are 1500 Spit, Dolly Sprint and maybe TR7. Could be others also.  Likely were made by GKN but I have no idea whether any similar has been made in the last 40 years.

Nick

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your help. Dave @ CC has just emailed me a link to a source. Around £60 each which is perfect!
Let me secure a couple & then I will post the link here. I need to be sure a get two of them!

Thanks,

Iain.

PS. Sorry- £60 a pair.

Edited by SpitFire6
price
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SpitFire6 said:

Hi,

I have the Canley Classic rear end setup.

My inner CV's have wear. I have emailed Dave as online they have no stock. I believe they are prop-shaft CV's.

Anybody have source of 2 CV's that don't cost 600 quid+

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Iain.

I doubt you will get a 2CV for £600 quid Iain  :) 

Tony. 

• Thanks 1

I ordered two & then found out there is a cv on each end.

So I have a spare set now.

They have lasted 10 years & only being replaced as there is some wear. Probably good for another couple of years. They certainly have lasted longer than UJ's & half shafts!

There was some knocking from the back that was caused by somebody fitting screws to the input diff flange. No damage just needed correct size bolts.

prop.JPG

• Like 1