150CD Diaphragm suppliers

Peter Truman

A time ago I brought 2 new diaphragms as spares ex UK ebay, I'm currently rebuilding a pair of carbs when I fitted the new diaphragms I noticed they were a lot thicker than the originals and if I moved the piston up more than 1/2in it hung there ie wouldn't drop down onto the seat, YES the needle is centralized and I even tried both the weight and spring installed on the piston but it still hung. The piston works beautifully with a old thin resilient  diaphragm, & I tried both carbs with the new diaphragms and there the same ie hang up, the new spare diaphragms appear "not suitable for purpose"!

Can anyone advise which of the usual suspects supplies the good aftermarket near original supple resilient & thin 150CD diaphragms?  

its a common aftermarket nasty i reckon they are made from elephant condoms  , doug bought a pack of nice ones  ...chat him up 

even reputable have sold thick uns       if the old is sound a wash in petrol removes wrinkles and reverts the shape to original .

Pete

Peter,

I got mine off Ebay NOS, a pack of 7. (Why 7 what happened to No.8?)  Worth scanning periodically, a few on at the moment although nothing I would take a punt on. I've had my arm twisted, but I've a few left, if you're stuck. We could arrange a carrier pigeon!

Doug