Replacement Vitesse Door Spraying

Paul H

I recently purchased a set of replacement doors for my Vitesse saloon . The near side door is ready for 2k Epoxy Primer . 

The door will be suspended for spraying , is it best to do one side at a time or do both in one go 

Never done this before so need any advice out there 

Thanks in advance 

6723A91B-4682-4BA0-A08C-DC1ABEE2BED9.thumb.jpeg.a3f276e224a9435a9977385c57849a46.jpeg

Paul

Thanks , pleased with the result for a first attempt though with room for improvement . The door was fully suspended as suggested . Once I’d sorted the spray pattern for the 2k HB 989 Epoxy primer spraying was ok . Initially there was spluttering so increased from 2 bar to 2.5 bar on my cheapie HVLP Gun with 1.5 nozzle and this sorted the issue . Took approx 300ml of mixed primer for 2 coats .  Nice product to work with 

0212B20C-F271-4A9B-9A11-E4F1C0B4BC8A.thumb.jpeg.a50ab148110e8bdf412526798f019c5e.jpeg
Paul 

What's your HVLP gun? I had an Apollo Spraymate, it was brilliant at about £100, but someone borrowed it and has vanished off the face of the earth. I've now got a Sealey HVLP2000 version, which I use for spraying furniture and fences and this has made me wonder about spraying body panels - I don't see why it shouldn't work, but if you've tried similar it looks very encouraging.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

What's your HVLP gun? I had an Apollo Spraymate, it was brilliant at about £100, but someone borrowed it and has vanished off the face of the earth. I've now got a Sealey HVLP2000 version, which I use for spraying furniture and fences and this has made me wonder about spraying body panels - I don't see why it shouldn't work, but if you've tried similar it looks very encouraging.

Hi Colin it’s a cheapie no brand name bundled in with the compressor I bought . Initially I tested the gun on a spare boot with not much success though a lot was down to my inexperience . The Mig Forum guys suggested the cheapie would be fine for primer and to purchase a better gun for cellulose and following their advice now have a Deviblis SLG 10 which is the entry level price about £60 . So far with testing it is a nice bit of kit . It has a 1.3 nozzle which is better suited to cellulose whereas primer is suited to 1.5 to 2.0 Hope this helps 

D9A7F545-6112-4024-B2EE-78E53D3E0D4C.thumb.jpeg.e5d2457f90f84a645aad4bdf906a564f.jpeg

Paul