Wind and Rain & here comes Christmas

Pete Lewis

Hi guys  what a year , what crazy weather now summer seems to have done a runner and on TV news they remind  us Christmas is just 4 months away

there have been some brilliant topics to discuss and keep spirits high , but it really has been a year and season best forgotten , we have lost a year 

i dont have time to loose a year  , holidays gone, car drives gone , inspiration lagging ,  and now its pouring with rain 

so whats the solution ...DUXFORD cometh   September  27th 

so get the grass skirts out and worship the sunshine dance ..........  be happy  !!!

Pete

Lost two windows in the greenhouse last week in that last storm and in danger of losing a third this morning; was out earlier trying to shore it up but the wind is blowing so hard it's actually moving the entire frame. The garden is like a pool, except that it's a pool with grass sticking through it that I can't get cut.

I am happy, though - my tiler has finally decided to appear, well hopefully later today, been chasing him since January so by the end of the day, maybe tomorrow, I should have an ensuite again, plus three other small tiling jobs completed so 'Er Indoors can't nag any more. Assuming nothing leaks I'll need a plasterer and a painter to replace the ceiling in the room below - that's a long story involving darling daughter and an overflowing bath - but things that have been stalled for months are now moving again.

Hope the weather's good for Duxford... if not, well at least the ducks will be happy.

Grass too wet to cut, sounds like a result!

Youngest daughter moved house yesterday, I’m too old and frail to help, apparently. Life is slipping by.

Next weekend 3 days of cool temperatures with no rain. That’s Triumph fettling on the drive weather!

Soon Duxford ready.

Doug