Radio Blanking Plate

PeterH

Could someone give me a good photo with some basic dimensions of the radio blanking plate 613595 as fitted to Mk3 Spitfire. Canley say Mk 1 and 2 as well.

I don't want to fit a radio and I don't have a blanking plate so I've just got a big hole in the support.

Someone I know has offered to 3D print me one if I can give him a drawing.

11 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

That is not a Mk3 Spitfire blanking plate. Well it does not look anything like the one in my Mk3 Spitfire.

Does look like the one in my Mk4 though.

The MKIV Spitfire blanking plate does NOT have any mesh, its solid - and unmolested ones are like hens teeth to obtain.

9 minutes ago, KevinR said:

The MKIV Spitfire blanking plate does NOT have any mesh, its solid - and unmolested ones are like hens teeth to obtain.

You can buy ABS replacements (modern repros -  just saw them online)

s-l1600-134.jpg.9fcfc482589b5d7bde3ff367980e25de.jpg

That one in my photo is a GT6+ / GT6 Mk3 radio plate, I assumed it was the same as the late 1960s Mk3 - my fault; however you can buy modern Spitfire Mk3 versions nowadays as well:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triumph-spitfire-mk1-3-and-gt6-mk1-2-radio-blanking-plates/283837218201

s-l1600-135.jpg.b3f010a0cc28899a285b0350e8c53793.jpg

1 minute ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Not these days, you can buy replacements (modern repros -  just saw them  online!)

That's a GT6+ / GT6 Mk3 radio plate, I assumed it was the same - my fault however you can buy modern Spitfire Mk3 versions nowadays as well:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triumph-spitfire-mk1-3-and-gt6-mk1-2-radio-blanking-plates/283837218201

Damn, my pension has just gone right down, that is a fraction of what they used to be.

😞

10 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That one in my photo is a GT6+ / GT6 Mk3 radio plate, I assumed it was the same as the late 1960s Mk3 - my fault; however you can buy modern Spitfire Mk3 versions nowadays as well:

That looks more like what I expected, though I'd not seen the e-bay listing before. Still my friend with his new printer is looking for things to do with it and will only charge me material + beer!

Any chance of some overall dimensions ? I can scale the rest.

Hi Folks,

as an aside I was thinking of good names for radio stations.  My first thought was Radio Isotope' for scintillating music.

However 'Radio Blanking Plate' has something about it.

They will never compete with the Pirates though.

Roger