Any classic car mobile mechanics?

Bryndog

Hi all

My 1969 Herald 13/60 has been off the road for sometime and I have been trying to get it going again but alas it above my limited skills

As it is not running I wondered if anyone knows of a mobile mechanic that works on classics? 

I am not far from wokingham so if anyone has recommendations or other suggestions please let know

Many Thanks

Julian

Hi Julian,

I’m East Berks area organiser, one of our members, John Palmer, lives in Wokingham and repairs and services classics for a living. I’ve emailed him and he may be able to help.  I will send you a PM, personal message, and if you could send your mobile number he will get in touch.

Doug

• 2 months later...
On 31/08/2020 at 18:53, dougbgt6 said:

Hi Julian,

I’m East Berks area organiser, one of our members, John Palmer, lives in Wokingham and repairs and services classics for a living. I’ve emailed him and he may be able to help.  I will send you a PM, personal message, and if you could send your mobile number he will get in touch.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I'm completely new to the forum. I've just bought my first Triumph (three weeks ago). I'm in love with it. A 1972 GT6 MK3. I didn't plan on driving it to work, but I'm driving it whenever I have an excuse. It brings me so much joy. Which means I'm driving to work.

It's in really good condition, but it needs some checks and a gater change for the MOT. My Dad is sending me all his non-metric spanners, but they're not here yet, and I sadly don't possess his knowledge, skills or brick built garage. I'm not young. Which makes him really old.

I'm looking for a local mechanic for a service, change of gater, a look at a few things I've noticed about the steering, check alignment etc, along with a few other bits similar, and put it through an MOT.

I'm in Twyford. You mentioned a John Palmer near me. I'd be grateful if you could put me in touch? I've also come across Barnside Motors' website through a local search. Anyone with any experience of Barnside Motors?

The Shire Horse is just up the road from me! I drive past it every day.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Is your GT6 white? Steve, one of East Berks regulars, has seen one parked in the grounds of the “Old School” in Twyford. He was particularly excited as he also has a mk3.

I’ve emailed John to see if he’s available and I’ll send you a PM later on.

Not heard of Barnside Motors, I’ve had body and spray work done by Beech Hill garage, they did a good job on my car, well, 20 years ago!

Doug

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

Hi Jim,

Is your GT6 white? Steve, one of East Berks regulars, has seen one parked in the grounds of the “Old School” in Twyford. He was particularly excited as he also has a mk3.

I’ve emailed John to see if he’s available and I’ll send you a PM later on.

Not heard of Barnside Motors, I’ve had body and spray work done by Beech Hill garage, they did a good job on my car, well, 20 years ago!

Doug

Hi Doug,

Great! Thanks for emailing John for me Doug. Much appreciated.

That is indeed my car! 😄

IMG_8372.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice, and a great colour. I see you have a de-seamed front roof edge - nicely done by the look of it, although I always think it makes it look like it has a huge, bald forehead. I stuck with rebuilding the seam on mine - the roof line looks much flatter and slicker to me like that.

WWW_small.jpg.aedf9c2879e37e454d0b6f2b80ae47f8.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NonMember said:

Very nice, and a great colour. I see you have a de-seamed front roof edge - nicely done by the look of it, although I always think it makes it look like it has a huge, bald forehead. I stuck with rebuilding the seam on mine - the roof line looks much flatter and slicker to me like that.

WWW_small.jpg.aedf9c2879e37e454d0b6f2b80ae47f8.jpg

Maybe cars and their owners look alike. As with dogs and their owners.