Thetford Forest trip today

Paul H

Wish I had known! Live not far from there, missing going out for runs, seem always to be working on the cars or at work! Next local thing I could make it to is the fish and chip run. Your car looks good in the scenery. Maybe see it for real soon (social distancing allowed).

Looks lovely out in the wild there.

I actually drove my Spitfire today for the first time since lock-down - except for one abortive attempt right at the beginning when it conked out as soon as I was off the drive. I needed to empty the fuel tank so I can change it, to fix the intermittent blockage that's been bugging it since the rebuild.

Went out last night after 7pm, overdrive connectors all improved and insulated, new accelerator bushes, new radiator cap and the carbs retuned. One of the best drives I've had in ages; got to 70 on the dual carriageway and decided that was fast enough for now. I'd forgotten what a well set-up GT6 will do, both in terms of acceleration and fun to drive. Treated it to a new windscreen wiper when I got home; the old one was a bit hit and miss. Saturday 5th we've another run out - here's hoping it doesn't disgrace itself again...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Steady run over to thetford forest. 50 mph is 2400 rpm in top. Should reach 7k in top! Next track day. Pulls in top from 1200 so it can be lazily driven if the mood takes. Paint has taken it toll over the summer, the sun has shown what it can do to cellulose!

IMG_20200912_102544.jpg

IMG_20200912_103207.jpg

Re your cellulose issue is it a recent respray ? 

Paul