updates changed the layout 4/9/20

Pete Lewis

just been talking to Kevin as the page layout suddenly updated and changed in some of its appearance , small header and such like 

the tab for edit quote etc has disappeared and is now on the THREE DOTS  to the right of your post header  so click on them and up come your options  

the tabs down near to your signature  have   GONE 

Pete

We’ve just had a load of security patches and misc other updates installed. 

I will slowly work through what has changed and try and tweak things to give some of the previous functionality, but this will take a little time, so pleas bear with me and report anomaly’s on this thread.

i bc already know about the header and that the forum doesn’t look good on Internet Explorer - but who still uses IE when there are plenty of much better browsers out there.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, KevinR said:

i bc already know about the header and that the forum doesn’t look good on Internet Explorer - but who still uses IE when there are plenty of much better browsers out there.

IE11 is due to go out of support at the end of November and most of the industry has already dropped support requirements for IE11 to just "must work" (i.e. be function but not strictly follow design), so I wouldn't worry about it.

Legacy Edge isn't far behind it (EOS 9 March 2021) but usually renders in line with Quantum- and WebKit-based browsers, so less of a headache.

13 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I had to refresh mine a few times (Mac Safari) as it was coming up like this:

I've had that a few times on the existing forum (Firefox on Linux) so it's probably not connected with the update, unless there's some caching issue in Safari. It looks like a failure to obtain the CSS data for the page, or possibly a mis-identify as mobile.

I agree even microsoft have left Internet Explorer behind.  The current version of Edge is based on Chromium code the same base as Google Chrome.

Why do security updates effect the format?  Customised style (what makes it TSSC rather than plain Invision) should be in separate CSS style sheet.

I am not familar with the detail of the Invision code base but I would have thought that functionality particular to TSSC could/should be in a separate module/component whoever they call it.

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

clock logo?  What clock logo?

When running in "Recent Posts View" / "Unread Content" mode, there is a little clock logo beside the time that the posting was made, clicking on the time beside the clock logo takes one to the most recent posting in the thread.

16 hours ago, KevinR said:

but who still uses IE when there are plenty of much better browsers out there.

Those whose company doesn't allow the use of anything else as the cyber security deems the alternatives to be unsafe due to them not being controllable and easily hacked.

😞

Says the man who works for a large Chinese company.. 🙂

p.s. Please try to get it back to the way it was, having the screen split in half as per another Triumph based forum does restrict things somewhat, but it doesn't do it every time. Just been trying Safari on an iPad so far.

Kevin. While you are putting stuff back to 'normal', can you please look for the edit and delete functions, also the post counters on one search stream I looked at are in 'Ks' instead of proper numbers (ie 1206 reads as 1.2k), minor point I know but while you're rummaging around!!

11 hours ago, KevinR said:

When running in "Recent Posts View" / "Unread Content" mode, there is a little clock logo beside the time that the posting was made, clicking on the time beside the clock logo takes one to the most recent posting in the thread.

No there ain't!     I'm on Chrome (I'm a fossil), does that make a difference?

Three dots?  tick!   Just like Fb!

Chris and Badwolf can see what I can't.

This is a screen print of the  "Recent Posts View" / "Unread Content" mode" as shown by my machine:

image.thumb.png.26a527181df73ca7bd5422477db936e2.png

No clocks.

Not that I care; each entry shows how long ago it was posted and I can read.  Letters and numbers, both.

John

John

In the case of the "27th..." post, after the text there is a small clock and "18 minutes ago" this is what you click on to go to the last posting. You have the "expanded" option selected hence the text and clock/time on the left. If you had the compressed version you don't get the text and the clock/time is on the right

37 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Chris and Badwolf can see what I can't.

This is a screen print of the  "Recent Posts View" / "Unread Content" mode" as shown by my machine:

image.thumb.png.26a527181df73ca7bd5422477db936e2.png

No clocks.

Not that I care; each entry shows how long ago it was posted and I can read.  Letters and numbers, both.

John

John

John, Sorry I'm not sure that I understand. The clock and time are actually shown on the screenshot that you posted or am I missing something see below...

Screenshot-03.thumb.jpg.cb90369c758053da848ba37d2337b535.jpg