updates changed the layout 4/9/20

Pete Lewis

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Well bless my aged eyes!   It IS a clock!    Clock face, anyway.    I just passed over it as a bullet point, or punctuation mark.   I take it all back.

(mumble, grumble, these young fogeys, 'clock face', Huh!)

John

LOL

39 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Well bless my aged eyes!   It IS a clock!    Clock face, anyway.    I just passed over it as a bullet point, or punctuation mark.   I take it all back.

(mumble, grumble, these young fogeys, 'clock face', Huh!)

John

Should have gone to Specsavers (or Barnard Castle) - Sorry John, couldn't resist it.

3 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Kevin - What is the theme TSSC2 that you can set at the bottom of the page?

It's a very slightly different skin - there is slightly less unused space at either side of the screen, and it may solve another problem that Scrapman has found when browsing with an iPad - I'm waiting for his response

1 minute ago, Badwolf said:

Yes please. Do you have an autospell setting so the I don't have to keep going back and correting mine. This keyboard on my tablet uses Pete's spall chucker!!!

I'm using Chrome on a laptop and it highlights my spelling errors and when I right click on them it offers the correct spelling - but tablets don't have a "right click" do they ?

Just now, KevinR said:

I'm using Chrome on a laptop and it highlights my spelling errors and when I right click on them it offers the correct spelling - but tablets don't have a "right click" do they ?

No, I'm using Opera at the moment after the farce that Firefox became last week. There could be some switch to turn on a spellchecker but not found it yet

On one of my pages it displays the members (on line??), on another it doesn't Do you know if there is a setting to turn on/off somewhere. A minor point but I'm interested. I agree with Pete, maybe the background is a little stark. I've turned down my screen brightness for evening use. Probably ok in full daylight

31 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i find the colour/contrast on text is weak ,   the notification bell and e mail in black with a green flag up is a bit naff the old blue  red was clearer 

whats the inert "author" tab supposed to be for ???

Pete

Header next etc no white and the notification bauble now red !

The Author button on a post in a thread identifies who started the thread in the first place

1 hour ago, KevinR said:

I'll have a look. but nothing in the release notes of the upgrade to say its been disabled.

Putting the standard imgur forum link text prompts a response "is this plain text" then just displays the link text.

Selecting media from another site, putting in the url location of the image on imgur in the text box and submitting just changes the text in the text box to red possibly because the imgur url is https not http