Factory extras.

haggis

Hi, got a very late vitesse 1600 convertible, with what appears to have some factory extras I’ve not seen before.
 A combination lock handbrake and side indicators on the wings under the chrome strip.

does anyone know if they were factory options? 

thanks

hag 

Please do, I'd love to see how they're fitted and how they look. I know combination-lock handbrakes were / are available as an anti-theft addition and easily fitted, and of course you can easily add side indicators, but I've never found any data to say that Triumph factory-fitted them, or were available from any dealership before delivery to the owner. I know I have photos somewhere about of Heralds with side indicators, but those are owner-fitted.

my dad had a  70s  add on handbrake secuirty on his Sceptre     securely fitted over the orig grip

he  never used the hand brake as never remembered the numbers and tucked down the side of the seat was a right faf 

so it went to the bin  nice bit of kit but fundamentaly a pain in the doo dah

pete

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

?Combination lock on the hand brake?  Security?

Pair of side cutters/bolt cutters and you cut the cable.    Bolt cutters aren't "Going equipped for burglary" like crowbar is.

Bolt cutters??? Get up to date, John, it's all cordless angle grinders these days. As for going equipped, you can argue that carrying anything is - "anything adapted or intended for use in any burglary, theft or cheat"... bolt cutters especially for gates or fences, but you have the burden of proof, otherwise no-one would ever dare carry anything at all...

Hi!  I also have a late 1600/6 (12 July 66) but have checked through and enquired the differences between the Early & Late 1600/6 and also Mk1 2Ltr Models and what is and what should be on the car, as I have done a ground up Restoration and wanted to keep it as original as possible !  I have found that my Late Convertible has a parts bin of all three Models?  (Changeover to Mk1 2Ltr - Sept 66)but the only extras that I have is a "Foot Rest" and clip on Sun Visor?  Cheers Martyn