TSSC Members only

martin hughes

At the TSSC we are always trying to keep ahead of the times & we have recently created a Members Only Area that we will be uploading the current copy of the Courier as it comes out......... So put your membership number in & you can check out this months Courier on line....... #TSSC #Triumph #StaySafe 😷 #Membersonly 😎

E2D69E24-6C93-4795-9924-739A02E4934B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Hi Martin,

Found it already! 

Is there some reason the back issues stop at 2014? 

Doug

Back in 2014, a member (Jonathon Cronin if I remember correctly) very kindly scanned the entire back catalogue of Couriers (number 1 all the way to 414) and the Club assembled them onto a set of DVDs that were sold via the Club Shop.

It appears that stage 1 of the project is to put the contents of the DVDs on line, plus the very recent Couriers.

I suspect that the 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 couriers either need to be scanned to put them online, or someone needs to re-run the PDF process to generate file sizes that are more compatible with a web presentation as the PDFs that are sent to the Printers are enormous so that we get a very high quality print.

• Thanks 3

As stated elsewhere in the International Section of the Forum, I as an International member (of 15 years) greatly appreciate the recent Electronic copy of the Courier as it means I get the issue with you UK based members and feel a more inclusive member of TSSC. The paper copy usually takes 3 weeks to arrive and under Covid one too 5 weeks! Thanks to Angie who rectifies late copies. 

Thank you & well done COM, & in the case of International members next step do we need paper copies, I for one would rely on the electronic copy only & save the cost of overseas postage to benefit the club coffers.

Peter T

Melb Aus. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I missed this thread when it first appeared!

I have long advocated an Electronic Courier to the TSSC, but they always quote back a most dubious argument that involves VAT and club suscriptions.  Allegedly, it would cost more to be a member if there were no 'free' club magazine sent in the post.  No, I don't understand it either, especially when the relative costs of print and online publishing are considered.      Basicly, online costs nothing, only the editorial costs so I would expect that and this VAT business to at least cancel out.

There are many car magazines online.   One of the best is  "Classic and Competition Car"  www.classicandcompetitioncar.com   

Completely free to receive, with no marketing comebacks - just ask Simon Wright (the Editor and probaly only member of staff!) to put you on his mailing list:   classicandcompetitioncar@hotmail.com

JOhn (no connection with C&CC, except as a reader)

the club is basically non profit making in its rules or where ever its stated 

there is a simple reason a club , not a magazine produces a mag of x value is so that accumulated value is claimed as VAT FREE 

this is then put back to offset membership fees   so a book is vat free but there is no claim back online  as far as i recall  

so dump the paper and there is a income stream lost   so if you like it or not read it or not   having a free  paper book with a value of £x saves a lot of £££ to the membership

say its £3 gives a saving of £2800 in vat fees 

so a book is needed or this is lost to us all.

pete