Spitfire mk1 parts wanted

Hugh Dixon

I am restoring a 1963 car I bought in bits so am missing various bits if anyone can help.

Amongst other things I am looking for mk1 seat bases, static seatbelts and sun visor brackets plus some interior trim bits but realise I may not have much of a chance. 
If you have any bits for an early spit you Want to sell please let me know. 
thanks Hugh

I seem to remember that sun visors were optional extra on Mk1.

Chance of finding some original type ones is very low, but you can modify Mk4 or TR6 ones to fit If needed and originality isn't important.

you can get very good repro seat belts that look like the originals ( which again were optional extra)

seatbelts would not have been fitted until they were made compulsary in the late 60s so all would be after market and I wouldn't fit 50 year old belts anyway, qwikfitsbs do good period style ones. Agree that sunvisors were not a standard fitment and most inc my mk2 did not have them and to be honest the screen is pretty small so not really needed with the roof on and useless with it down. 

Thanks for the responses. My screen surround was fitted with rubber blanking grommets so assume the car didn’t have sun visors, it was just a thought as yes had seen the ones on eBay but they will no doubt go for silly money. I wonder if anyone will remanufacture them although I have seen some 3D printed ones on a company website so may look into those. As for seat belts, was thinking more about new repro ones than second hand belts but not sure where is a good source as my last mk1 had a set fitted already and this car has the mounting points on the tunnel. 
I think the seats are the biggest issue as I have the early sprung base type which are not really reusable so am looking into what can be done about them - if anyone has any ideas let me know ! 

I think that all the seat parts are available either via the club or other suppliers all originate from Newton Commercial mine is a mk2 so a bit different realistically used are now so old that will be very hard to find good parts

for seat belts check out https://www.quickfitsbs.com/ for seatbelts they rewebbed mine a few years back

check out

https://newtoncomm.co.uk/collections/spitfire/mki-1962-64

9 hours ago, DanMi said:

for seat belts check out https://www.quickfitsbs.com/ for seatbelts they rewebbed mine a few years back

Quickfit will remake belts from scratch to the original pattern in any colour; I've to phone them this morning and will update once I know that they're still open (haven't replied to e-mails) and secondly the cost.

ThanK you both for the information on seat belts that is really helpful.
My seats are the early spring base type with metal coil springs not foams and as far as I am aware they are not made or supplied any more by anyone plus the cover is deeper than the later mk1 seats I am told. I may need to consider trying to source some later seats to referb but that in itself is not going to be easy !