Vitesse 1600/6 - Carpet Stainless Steel Sill Strip

martyn wright

4 hours ago, martyn wright said:

Hi Pete!  Thanks for the info!  I just spent 6 hours fitting my window back into the door!  What a nightmare, only problem now, as I have fitted all new rubbers and weather seals etc,  it takes a good right arm to use the winder!!  The Passenger door is next(Can't wait!!)

Cheers Martyn

Martyn - At least, when the passenger side is done, you will have a good left arm as well.

53 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Yep!  My Regulator Piviot Bolt for the passenger window came from Chic Doig this morning Yippee!  I will try the "Talc" and ease of the bottom runner bolt as said!  but first I will finish cutting my 55 foot long by 12ft hight Hedge!  Cheers martyn

Any chance of a pic of the pivot bolt ?

Paul 

15 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Ok then 1595 sq ft..... now I think that I will have a lie diwn, just thinking about it.

20 minutes ago, NonMember said:

In which case I should probably be more careful with the ones I have lying around...

Little parts like that are the hardest to source, and the ones that make breakers' eyes light up with pound signs. They can also be very difficult to identify in a box of bits, which is why I learned the hard way to keep one component complete, like a door assembly, whilst working on the other, and use the complete one as reference.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, just following up on Martin's original question about the carpet sill strip.  I've bought a pair of strips as mine were missing and there's no sign of any screw holes in the floor in the area expected, other than one screw that currently goes through the carpet too far back for where the strip should sit and three screws through the carpet in front of the front of the seat mounting.  Both sides are identical.  The floors are original and the carpet is original.  I could easily imagine somebody having refitted the carpet, forgotten the strips and only put a few screws back in, but I'm surprised not to see more old screw holes in either the floor or carpet.  As it stands, the carpets are held down reasonably well by the door seals anyway, but I'm wanting to keep it as original as possible so wouldn't want to either start drilling holes that shouldn't be there or to have things missing that should be there.  Does anyone know if it's possible that a 1964 Vitesse may not have had the strips originally?

Thanks, Dave

1 hour ago, Dave1360 said:

Does anyone know if it's possible that a 1964 Vitesse may not have had the strips originally?

Thanks, Dave

Early Heralds didn't have them at all; but any of the reference photos I've just checked of both 948 and 1200 Heralds had them by 1961. I'd say it's a good guess that Vitesse had them from the beginning.