Identify Diff

nigenry

HI

I`m sure mine was GA followed by 7 numbers?. (Herald 13/60). Not Funny really, as the Canley Document identifies it (GA) as a type "A" and further states they should not be fitted to 13/60`s (which mine is). I have no information despite a large volume of previous paperwork, that the diff; was ever changed. Which suggests that it was the Factory fit?. Probably built late in 1970.

Pete

9 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I would expect a 13/60 to have a GE prefix. Pretty sure mine did. The GT6 definitely did when I bought it, which was clearly wrong!

Yes I agree on paper. But what I have written down here is GA. The VIN starts with GE?. The Engine GK, the Gearbox CB, and the Diff; GA. Unfortunately getting to double check entails putting it back on Axle stands and crawling underneath now!. (unless I photographed it?) I may have a look later but there must be over 1000 pic`s of this refurb; by now!.

Pete

Hi

Hmm?. Strange that. I shall have to do a recheck on the stampings. As far as I can ascertain, all the Running gear is OE?. But I am now beginning to have second thoughts. Current the Gear Box is under wraps, and The diff; not that accessible. My current "obsession" is the MX seat fit`s.

Pete