Vitesse 1600/6 Door Barrel and Key?

martyn wright

Here we go again!  Am I able to buy just the Barrel to lock the Drivers Door?  The keys fit but will not lock or unlock?  I have the keys?  Last year I rang or emailed someone who when I gave him the key number off the Ignition,  (which were the same as the Boot Lock number), made me two keys!

Cheers Martyn

Yes; barrel is readily available but I believe that although you can buy a replacement key to suit a specific barrel, you can't buy a replacement barrel to suit a key you already have, so may end up with yet another key, unless you fancy stripping two down and swapping over the brass tumblers inside from old to new. Assuming that's not what the problem is in the first place!

https://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/door-barrel-key-3

Hi!  I have a new boxed Lucas "Ignition Switch Barrel and Key 54316731", but the Barrel shape is different to the door?  That is to say that the door could be the wrong type, but just spoke to "Dave at Canley" and they state 567019 which looks the same as the picture  at "Paddocks" and fits all the above including mine!

Using a large box of bits I have  converted my Vitesse 6 to one key for all locks & ignition and fitted an locking push button to the passenger door.
But I think I have used late model Herald/Vitesse locks to do this.

It was a bit messy and fiddly but well worth it.

Adrian

3 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

Done the same except the glove box!

I will possibly regret doing that one as those locks are nasty. But I can order a new one locally in NZ from Comac and hopefully spec the key number if need be.