Fuel delivery Problems

Iain T

heres more conundrums 

the parts list shows all H and V with a 1/4" sleeve nut  on the dip tube and same  seal olive but the short fuel hose as 5/16"  for V  and  H

both tanks  have the same dip tube   205997  ...

how does that work was the conneting hose dual sized  its shown as 122796  5/16" x8"     ???????????????  

how does that seal on a 1/4 dip tube ???????     

with a gorilla hose clip maybe  

Pete

Both my Vitesses (Mk1s) had 1/4" fuel pipe at least part of the way. My Dolomites had 5/16" for nearly the whole run but were 1/4" for the first two inches out of the tank. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the dip tube remained at 1/4" except for a bulge at the top end, but even that would surely mean a different part number to the original all 1/4" Herald one.

The tube is the same thickness all the way down; no flaring or other change in size.

Herald is 205997 and the seal is for a 1/4 inch pipe; Vitesse is shown as exactly the same in the spares catalogue. I checked both Herald 1200 and 13/60 just in case, the later tank I have is the wider version that protrudes over the spare wheel well so could be 13/60 or Vitesse, but I can't find a listing so far for any pipe that's greater than 1/4. Gonna have to keep looking!

• 3 months later...

Anyone thought of using several turns of Plumbers PTFE tape to form the seal?.

It`s very versatile. I`ve even used it on Steam before to-day. Not a recomendation but in abcense of the "right" stuff, it`s surprising just how long it lasts!!.