Club shop engine exchange

AidanT

Hi all

Can anyone tell me where to go in regard to the club engine exchange and what you get for the money?

Are there any options and is the price dependant on the condition of the engine being sent in?

Thanks

Aidan 

I think the recon engines are done by Ivor Searle. If tat is still teh case, they are as good as you will get.

As with any reconditioning, if there is something not suitable for re-use there will be a surcharge, but if all is OK then everything will be machined, and built to be as good as new (within reason)

As to options, ask the club shop. I think they used to offer upgrades, but without a lot of detail. (I would want detail, ie if fast road cam, do they raise the CR to suit the cam? stuff like that. And exactly what cam do they use....)

• AidanT changed the title to Club shop engine exchange

Us lot in the Cambridge area had a tour of the factory, too (well it is very local to us!)

The quality is excellent and they do things really properly. More than just a recon, really, more a re-manufacture. I've also used them for the more basic re-bore of my Vitesse block and re-furb of the head, which I was very happy with.

• Like 1

i echo rob visit it is a company that remanufactures which is the next step up to reconditioning

everything is measured recorded checked  examined and brought up to a new condition

you can contact them your self or go via the club  cant say what the difference would be or whether you can tune the 

rebuild to suit a budget rather than total utopia 

its an impressive set up that reminds  me of OE manufactures 

the club costs included the transport cradle and collect/delivery charges 

i excpect you could deliver yourself , need to ask 

Pete

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, AidanT said:

Also is it allowable to re-stamp the engine number??? 

Aidan 

I know all replacement new ford engines are supplied blank, and you are supposed to stamp the number of the engine that came out. I guess the old engine is then thrown away? But altering an engine number is probably a no-no. 

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes get HQ to confirm   ie do you remove ancillaries or not 

i would expect the add on's carbs dizzy pump etc to be stripped off 

but ask  first   i dont know if they re stamp or record as the orig number    

Pete

That's not a problem, it's not the engine in the car  but a mk2 vitesse I purchased a while ago. Now starting to look at it 

20201129_144448.thumb.jpg.8f7b6ea14ee149d7add695ea22f2d4e3.jpg

thats a unusual oil pick up  not seen one like that ( not that thats unusual) 

the system as i understand is they send you  a transit stillage , they collect , remanufacture ,   and return , collecting the stillage when its empty 

all rolled into the costs  so its a total package 

Pete