Vitesse 1600/6 - Clutch & Brake Master Cylinders

martyn wright

you would find lots of 3/4bore witha upright reservoir for around £22  these are bigger than the 0,7 and what you get is less pedal travel

acompanied by a higher pedal load input , but makes an economical replacement if you dont mind not being exact OE spec.

the angle of the resv is not really a problem , just dont fill to the brim

Pete

5 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Hi Pete,  I meant to have amended my last message:  Bore is 0.750 the standard is 0.625!  0.750 will push 20% more fluid per distance pedal travelled than a 0.625 cylinder.

No,the bore is 20% bigger. That is a 44% increase in bore area/fluid moved, not insignificant. 

They are a landrover aftermarket cylinder. Nothing inherently wrong with them, but make sure you like the pedal feel. If you have a brake servo it will be OK, but without?

Yes, 2L is 0.7 bore brake master,so only a 14% increase. I tried a 0.75 master on spitfire (GT6/Vit front calipers) and found the brakes a bit wooden. A change to 0.70 feels better. If I could be certain I wouldn't run out of travel, I would go to 0.625, but not worth the risk. (I do have rear discs, so more fluid movement than drum rears, but only a smidge)

the 0.625 " went up to 0,7 when larger capacity calipers appeared   not looked it that was T14 or T16 s

not remember what was on my 1600 as we upped from t12s   to type 16 and 0.7" Mcyl to match   + servo |+ 1144 pads 

she was a hoot to drive but needed some stopping 

pete