Webasto Sunroof Mk1 GT6

AidanT

Hi All

Wanted thoughts and experiences of getting a webasto sunroof fitted  - from Good to a Bad idea to buying and fitting please. Worth getting done professionally?

My GT6 already stays reasonably cool as I fitted reflective insulation to a replacement gearbox G/F tunnel

Cheers

Personal taste, Aidan. If you ask for opinions you’ll get as many people saying to fit one as you will saying don’t, you’ll also get people telling you how good a Webasto is in their own car, which won’t be a GT6, and you’ll always get someone who hi-jacks the post with the problems he’s having with his own vehicle and thereby effectively kills the thread. :) (Long experience, that…)

However: I’d get it done professionally, if at all. It’s a big step cutting a hole in perfectly good - and quite rare - roof. 

Had one on the vitesse, noisy when open , needed a front deflector, it never leaked but did have wind noise at speed when closed

nice period kit but a glass pop up is more usable ,

fitted a good few britax pop ups in my 'MORE MODERN' cars of the past

Pete

had  a Britax sunroof fitted to my GT6 (mk3). It was very good, I had done all the insulation but wanted to choice of having the car 'open'.

I used a guy in the midlands who had all the bits to make a new one. He did a very good job.

I did try to buy one off Ebay but could not bring myself to cut a hole in the roof.....

Also the Britax roof is not as thick as the Webasto (which uses a wooden frame) so you do not loose any head room in the GT6.

Personally I loved it and was pleased with the result, btw the cost was close to a £1k with everything including a new head lining so not cheap.

regards

mike