Triumph Herald in Japan

Chris Longhurst

Not sure where to put this - my daughter who was transported around the UK in Heralds throughout the late 70s - to early 90s has been planning a trip to Japan with her family & found this on YT (as they can't go for a while they have been watching videos instead!) - at approx 1min & 2mins in there are some nice shots of a Signal Red saloon whizzing around Tokyo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXPwCJ9lag

Chris 78/00350

• Like 1

Would be pretty rare over there, wonder if it’s still Triumph powered.

don’t they require a virtual rebuild after as low as 3 years to keep a car on the road, always assumed it was to make keeping an old car uneconomic so buy a new one and keep the economy going!

20 odd years ago when I was shifting lots of spares on Ebay I sold quite a few bits to Japan.

One buyer had the same name as an F1 driver, Nakajima possibly, always wondered if it was one and the same.

He had a Spitfire.

There are quite a few Triumphs in Japan, jus tvonly owned by proper enthusiasts who are willing to pay the price of having a proper car!

On 09/10/2020 at 18:59, thescrapman said:

20 odd years ago when I was shifting lots of spares on Ebay I sold quite a few bits to Japan.

One buyer had the same name as an F1 driver, Nakajima possibly, always wondered if it was one and the same.

He had a Spitfire.

There are quite a few Triumphs in Japan, jus tvonly owned by proper enthusiasts who are willing to pay the price of having a proper car!

Kozo is it? He had some bits for his Spitfire MKIII recently from us.