Jump to content

Chrome rim trim rings

Recommended Posts

Oops, sorry, yes, chrome wheel rim trims (or stainless, or aluminium).  I remember fitting some to my '73 in the mid-eighties, but I don't know if they were an aftermarket accessory or if they were a 'proper' option.  I seem to remember mine were stainless with a row of aggressive-looking teeth to hold them on.  Is that how the current stainless offering works?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly some of the larger saloons had them, but none of my GT6 / Herald / Spitfires ever had them. I know the ones you mean - the rim embellishers rather than the flat versions that go round the hub cap, which early GT6 certainly had, and I think Vitesse may have had too? I've managed to find a photo of them off the Net, they're still available for MGs and the like. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only car that got OE rimbellishers was the late Spitfire 1500 with 5.0J wheels. These had a very square/sharp profile and fitted deep and snuggly in the wheel offset.

Everything else is aftermarket and have been a popular bit of bling since the 1980s. Profile is 'soft' with aggressive teeth.

Had some on mine. And looked nice until the kerbing damage set in!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...