Le Man Classic 2022

I would like to go to LMC next year.  Can someone please tell me roughly how much the TSSC package cost for 2020 (or 2021 if already known)?  I am not currently a TSSC member (only recently become a Triumph owner), but this could be the reason for me to join and be initiated into the club!  Thank you.  

33 minutes ago, Babord said:

I would like to go to LMC next year.  Can someone please tell me roughly how much the TSSC package cost for 2020 (or 2021 if already known)?  I am not currently a TSSC member (only recently become a Triumph owner), but this could be the reason for me to join and be initiated into the club!  Thank you.  

Can't find the exact amount, but from memory camping is approx £130 on the TSSC site (quite different to the other campsites,muchbetter facilities etc) and entry was about £80pp?? Tickets are alwasy available on the gate, usually a little cheaper than through the club (guess that is hedging exchange rates, admin etc etc) but not much different. 

Downside is that camping usually sells out by christmas. And the vast majority of those will take up the tickets for next year. So if you hope to camp with the TSSC, you need to join, and see if there are tickets available, or get on the reserve list. Sooner the better. Or alternatively, find a camping place at one of the other general campsites. Or book a hotel if you wallet is very fat.

I wouldn't get too excited - there are some very subdued noises coming out of the ACO around cutting budgets for next year and next year's 24hrs, and if that doesn't happen with specators/gets moved to Sept. again it's highly unlikely the Classic will take place.

"“To prepare for (the 24hrs) 2021, which will not take place according to the usual criteria both in terms of the number of events on-site and in terms of welcoming spectators, we must take certain essential decisions to protect our activities."

1 hour ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Many more reasons to join the club than just saving money on CLM!

Dick

I am sure, although being outside of the UK I would unlikely participate in many, which is why I was interested in this event closer to home. Looking at the forum you seem a very friendly and helpful group, so I will probably join anyway. 

I mentioned CLM to a group of friends this morning and was surprised quite a few of them said they wanted to come. They are not Triumph owners, so we will probably all just book tickets and camping directly from the ACO Le Mans website, which is already open.  Maybe I can come over to your bar and say hello at some point?  Assuming the event is not cancelled...

btw, does any on here go to the Classic British Car meeting on Lake Geneva https://www.british-cars.ch/index.php/en/ ?

The 2020 meeting was cancelled but there is a new date for 2021, and Triumph is the guest of honour.

1 hour ago, Babord said:

although being outside of the UK I would unlikely participate in many, which is why I was interested in this event closer to home.

If you add details in your 'Location' that would explain it! Yes we are a friendly, helpful bunch even when the threads drift (frequently).

Dick

If you have never stayed at an ACO campsite, they tend to have different standards, though they have improved a lot from when I first went to the 24h. 1 portaloo per 1000 was interesting,

The TSSC campsite has extra toilets and showers, and of course the club tent.

Also hopefully a catering wagon, for those mornings when you can't face doing breakfast etc.

And it is the only campsite inside the circuit, and with track views.

I have been to LM24 a few times. Their campsites are fine for me.  Some of the camping set-ups are quite impressive! I haven't been to LMC before, but expect it to be less busy and calmer?

Is the club area in Epinettes?  I will probably choose Bleu Nord which is a short walk to the main straight.

23 hours ago, Babord said:

I have been to LM24 a few times. Their campsites are fine for me.  Some of the camping set-ups are quite impressive! I haven't been to LMC before, but expect it to be less busy and calmer?

Don't know about other sites, but Tertre Rouge under the TSSC, is full of bmp people more interested in football , horse racing and F1 than classic car racing, if the scrum in the bar, wAtching TV is anything to go.by.  Poor show, to go.all.that way t o watch footy.

That's a bit unfair John

the World Cup Final is Sunday Evening after most of the crowds have headed offf to catch their ferries so. They can be back at Work on Monday.

The F1 should be recorded for showing later in the day, though it was shown live a couple of times, but not on our watch.

Unfair?    They travel all that way, to the epicentre of endurance racing and the navel of the universe for Classic car endurance racing -AND WATCH BLOODY TELLY!  In the bar!   Some of the greatest motor cars in the world are RACING, not two hundred meters away, and all they are interested in is football!

Iknow that Tertres Rouge must be very expensive to hire, and that the TSSC sells as many places to Triumphists first, but the proportion of Non-TRiumph cars gets greater every year.   I fear that word has got out that TSSC has the best camp site aat Le Mans and all the world and his car descends now.

I fear Brooklands had it right - "The right crowd, and no crowding!"

• 4 months later...

I really can't see it happening, or if it does it will be only really accessible to French residents. Really don't think we will be allowed in.

but... praying I am wrong.

not been brave enough to book a channel crossing yet.

42 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

not been brave enough to book a channel crossing yet.

Brittany Ferries crossings to Ouistreham are only taking freight at present, they have said they will start taking non freight bookings from April. A suivre, as we say here

Govt guidance seems to have said nothing about travel abroad. I, like Colin, am not hold my breath. 

After all, the rest of Europe seems to have a much slower vaccine uptake, and the news yesterday mentioned a worrying trend in european case numbers. Having lost my eurotunnel booking last year, I am waiting for clarity before booking anything involving stepping out of the UK. I may have a long wait.

Here in Germany we are all very jealous that the UK has done such an outstanding job (jab?) on the vaccination front.

We literally have over 2.5 million doses of AstraZeneca lying around because it is not officially allowed to be used on "priority 1" people i.e. over 80 year-olds and in what we call at work a "waterfall" approach they are not looking at other priority 1s until all the nigh-centenarians have been jabbed at least once and not looking at prio 2 (65 and over) either.

Empty sports centers, restaurants, schools have all been raising hands to be turned into vaccination centers and registered nurses and pharmacists have started voluntary testing to make up for the lack of initiative on the government's side.

They are also holding back enough doses of the Pfizer stuff for the second jab which won't come for months as opposed to using it to vaccinate more and hope that deliveries will come in time (JIT much?)

Typical for a risk averse, pedantic, bureaucratic society IMHO. (though they do make good beer, sausages and  I do enjoy the occasional ability to find out legally how fast a car will go...)

Don't get me started on the "cross thinkers" that keep suing the government for a range of reasons from "there is no such thing as Covid" to "wouldn't it be nice to get me haircut without a mask".

Don't get me started on the anti-vaxers.... either. If I hear "well if everyone else is vaccinated I don't need it" one more time I will ..... be cross (or crosser...).

The number of cases has also stagnated and it seems no level of lockdown is making it better or worse so they have decided to let more things open even though we barely have enough people vaccinated.

While much that has happened within the past years in the UK has caused many an eye-brow to be raised we are tipping our hats off to you as when it comes down to the really important stuff the Best of British has come through and you guys are an excellent example of what can and should be done.

Personally I hope to make to the UK fairly soon and with any luck with my Spitfire so she can whiff the air whence she came and visit my friends there.

I also want to see my mother in the US (or have her come here)...

Am I slightly annoyed....?

6 hours ago, DVD3500 said:

I also want to see my mother in the US (or have her come here)...

Am I slightly annoyed....?

I can't travel twelve miles to visit mine, but I could fly into the UK from Brazil or South Africa. I can't cross the border to visit Dublin, but Dubliners can come up here to visit Belfast. All of the strains of Coronavirus here at present arrived either from Southern Ireland, or else outside the UK in the countries they're named after, and were imported, but I'm the poor sod stuck at home in case I infect someone. Work that one out... :)

Oh I could go on and on Colin.... luckily I fixed my speedometer and my wiper switch so that, the dog licking my face when she gets home and a glass of red wine will make my day!

Oh and the kids and wife are here too.

😄

And Italy has stopped an authorised shipment of AstraZenica vaccines to Australia because were not in as bad a position as they are, agreed but we got there by being in complete lockdown last year for 4 months, and for over a year most people worked from home, there are world binding agreements!

Fortunately in a couple of weeks our own CSL (Commonwealth Serum Labs) will be producing the AstraZenica at such a rate to cover us and hopefully we can help others.

What hope have the poor and 3rd world countries got!

21 hours ago, Chris A said:

Just read that the normal 24 hours race is delayed until August. Nothing said bout the Classic but the article did question if it might get cancelled 🤞

Latest thinking is that, if it happens it will be just before the 24hrs.

1 hour ago, Peter Truman said:

What hope have the poor and 3rd world countries got!

Covax. This is a setup that supplies vaccines to those countries plus the regulations that allowed Italy to block the shipment specifically exclude the Covax shipments so they will continue to get their vaccines, and not just Covid

• KevinR changed the title to Le Man Classic 2022