Filling in the blanks of RDB 890M

MJH2454

This car a Pimento Red MKIV was purchased in July 1974 and stayed in the original purchaser's ownership until November 1991, when ownership passed to a Mr R Brennan of Bredbury Stockport, mileage at this time was 46108. June 1992 it failed an MOT with 'boot floor holed and corroded' repairs were carried out with an invoice addressed to a Mr Richard Cleary, mileage at this time was recorded as 46597.

The vehicle then seems to disappear, 13 years!! until it resurfaces again in 2005 with a fresh MOT and mileage recorded as 46752 from this time onwards MOT's and invoice costs for the same were addressed to The Alfred James Motor Company of Stockport, it was MOT'd every year from then on until it was sold again in 2013 with a recorded mileage of 46980.

Speaking to the next owner, the person I purchased it from, it quite clearly had a lot of love and attention expended on it between 2005 and 2013 and quite clearly had new cills, various other bodywork repairs and a full respray.

It is the period between 1992 and 2013 that I'm interested in, in particular the period 2005 and 2013 when it would appear ownership was with the The Alfred James Motor Company as this it would seem is the period when a lot of work was carried out on it for which I have no history. I have written to the last known addresses of Mr Brennan and The Alfred James Motor Company with no response.

It if any one out there in Triumph land has any ideas of where I can go next or better still knowledge of either of these owners I would be very grateful to hear more.

Mike

It really didn't go very far did it. 400 miles in 20 years.

I reckon it was just sat in someone's garage.

Do any of the dates coincide with the classic car price boom? Perhaps they thought they might make a few quid on it, though the lowly Triumphs never got dragged along by the likes of the TR and Stags.