Car now running well! BORED

Jeffds1360

40 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

what to do?...ūüėõ

Buy another... you should always have one on the road and one to tinker with; that way the one on the road stays on the road...

I've negotiated this one down sight unseen to £1800 and STILL don't think I need it... but now that the TR7 is gone and the two Herald rebuilds are stalled yet again, it's something to practice on...

1067185311_ScreenShot2020-10-19at13_56_22.jpg.56c17d4ea1204fcc9b494a6bcf8b29f8.jpg

10 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Buy another... you should always have one on the road and one to tinker with; that way the one on the road stays on the road...

I've negotiated this one down sight unseen to £1800 and STILL don't think I need it... but now that the TR7 is gone and the two Herald rebuilds are stalled yet again, it's something to practice on...

1067185311_ScreenShot2020-10-19at13_56_22.jpg.56c17d4ea1204fcc9b494a6bcf8b29f8.jpg

+1

That's always worked for me!

Nigel

Took it for a run just now! First time start, no problems at all. Even the lights, radio and overdrive all work plus my ignition barrel no longer pulls out with the key !!! It lives in the garage as I do not have confidence that my hood refurbishment is sufficient to make it waterproof! I have patched it, black siliconed it, Renovo'ed it Fabseal'ed it, turtle waxed it conditoned it, BEES WAXED it and shoe polished it. EVERTHING on it ..... but still scared to go out in the wet :(

It runs great. Tickover is too fast and will eventually strip and renew worn bits in the 150CD.... ah haaa... there's a job :) BUT... what bits do I need?... I'm not getting a full kit as more than half would be wasted.

I also have a CR-Z hybrid on the drive for holiday and long trips, (only £20 a year and 50 MPG) and a Hyundai Amica shopping trolley, parked on the road outside, no way will wife allow another car :( 

Need a Churchill puller and I'll sort that old half shaft?? or smack it on some hard surface?

Ahhh dunnnah ... we might be in full lockdown soon :(. ....... Sympathies to those who are!

as for carbs ,you probably only need a throtle  shaft and new butterfly , a decent diaphragm and jet 0 rings 

if the body has spindle bushes may need new , not all have them

if worn they can be bored and bushed but needs a proper support /alignment jig to do this 

pete