Filler for read wing lower beading

Johno

Greetings, I'm looking at the potential water trap in the lower rear wing beading, and considering what to fill the beading with before placing it on the wing joint. In order to fill any gaps and thus prevent water pooling. Anyone done this and able to recommend a product.

Regards johno

• 2 weeks later...

Not done it. But, I`ve had some success on my Motorhome with a product called "Sikaflex". It`s non setting and retains some flexibility, but sticks like the proverbial "poo to a blanket".?

There are several similar products, used by the caravan industry too, which are sealants that do not harden, It might be worth researching?. Any excess can usually be removed with thinner, or Brake cleaner.

Pete

Beware, Sikaflex is a manufacturer of a massive range of sealants. (and very good at what they do). You want a polurethane sealant/adhesive that is OK to paint with car paints.

But the easy one is "tigerseal" used in car body shops.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-Pol-Tiger-Seal-PU-Adhesive-Sealant-Black-Tigerseal-polyurethane-Tube-310ml/284062567152?epid=16028935443&hash=item422372caf0:g:YggAAOSwc65e8jkx