5 x 13 steel wheels wanted, Spitfire 1500 etc., to suit late non-rotoflex GT6

Roger K

Have you thought about mini lite replica’s tell you my story my daughters Mk2 Spit like yours had Formula Ford what we call reverse rim style wheels that were white powder coated I brought locally 6 Spit oval holed wheels 2ea 4.5, 5 & 5.5in I had them re-rolled to straighten and fix the rim lip damage, then sand blasted and powder coated silver the final cost was around the same price of 4 locally made and supplied Superlite mini lite replica’s, at wholesale costs. I assume you want originality for your car.

Now around 10 years ago I fitted 2 sets of new Michelin tyres (165 75) one for each Triumph (my Vitesse) in the switch over I ended up with the Spit wheels and the Spit with my Superlites that’s the way it still is and the issue is NOT open for negotiation with my daughter, good job I like the Spit original style wheels, but hated they plastic hub cap cover, so during the current lockdown I modified them so they don’t protrude as much, and they now sport the old triumph world logo.

Thanks for the advice Peter - I really want to keep this GT6 looking as standard as possible, so will probably end up keeping the 4.5s. It’s not had a single mod since it was built, not even an unleaded head. I have a set of 5.5 reverse rims but they are a problem with the non-roto long drive shafts, and look a bit too much for my taste, so I need to find some 5” rims. I’m happy to pay top dollar!

• 3 weeks later...