Finally free

Peter Truman

Well with the first COVID lockdown in March and only a 2 week break before the second Wave lockdown 3 months ago here in Melbourne we hadn’t been able to physically catch up with our friends, so with the relaxation of local city travel from 5klm essential travel to 25klm and 5 people outside gatherings we got together BUT they live 35klm away so we met halfway at a BP motorway/freeway service centre (where we still can’t eat inside yet) drove in convoy thro Macca’s “drive in” for burger and coffee then parked in the car park with a car park place between us and had a 2 hr natter at 1.5mts distance and masks and exchanged Triumph parts we needed.

Only trouble was we had to park the cars an TR4 and Dolly Sprint opposite 6 council rubbish collection trucks all different councils so it must be on the rubbish tip route!
We were organised tho came with our own chairs temp only 17C but us balding blokes got badly burned on top will wear the Akubra next time my old scruffy one was on the back seat.

It was great to see friends again, still can’t get to the daughters tho she’s 29klm away and the rozzers have a roadblock checking your travel is within restrictions at the 25klm limit!
BUGGER!

• Like 2

Well done, the positive is you are entering into summer, while we are entering the winter and things are going pear shape in Autumn, God knows what it will be like for winter.

Enjoy your summer and being outside in the sun.

When's the next flight.

Graham

• Thanks 1

Subject: KULULA AIRLINES:

KULULA AIRLINES:

Subject:   KULULA AIRLINES

Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously..

image.png.6990ff25c6314bb5ef536ab2cf41d10f.png

What a pity Kulula doesn't fly internationally - we should support them if only for their humour:

On a Kulula flight, (there is no assigned seating, you just sit where you want), passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing their seats, when a flight attendant announced, "People, people, we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

On another flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies & gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"

image.png.f7ffed11c46dbfd24fcfeda2b4990ce5.png

image.png.403b172631bc3b09a456d695a419c446.png

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in the Karoo, a flight attendant on a flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as heck everything has shifted."

image.png.86087610fd05f3ffe19c545e8e30c7d4.png

From a Kulula employee: "Welcome aboard Kulula 271 to Port Elizabeth. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, pick your favourite."

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Kulula Airlines."

"Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane"

image.png.9ffd3fd10a7879a3e3ff2432ab4b9930.png

"Thank you for flying Kulula. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Durban Airport, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

image.png.63cbea8b08afb08b7c81a573d9850486.png

On landing, the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

image.png.28cc0c4299111a9face4770a00471a3e.png

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

Overheard on a Kulula flight into Cape Town, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain really had to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Mother City. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroobounces us to the terminal."

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline". He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment.

Finally, everyone had got off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Why, no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?"

The little old lady said, "Did we land, or were we shot down?"

image.png.95c1431860cd2a6d8ae5c487245a496a.pngimage.png.ba7d15ac4154d236a4d9e37984f327b0.pngimage.png.ddf870b72eed72512bd0edcf6f945546.pngimage.png.9c4583f1a96c246694cbd2593f72ab85.pngimage.png.02be1e6e96c0e585d433b57d07116d72.pngimage.png.2ad920642374c28f485c033bf2ae50ba.pngimage.png.017a08b07f6cd04a249d32572afffe85.png

• Haha 4

EVA Hello Kitty are a bit.... strange... thankfully I never encountered them on my travels...  they fly out of Taiwan, organise flights called 'Flight to nowhere' and plot flight plans to draw the shapes of hearts or thumbs-up in the sky to please people following their flight paths on electronic devices.

EVA-Air-Hello-Kitty-Round-the-World-Jet_20140813-072044_1.jpg.8d7b0b3a62230f36317e8e8148560f5c.jpg EVA-Hello-Kitty-Hand-in-Hand-Jet-runway-fr-nose-Feb20181.jpg.264172465609435a8cc90c0e9daa1e6f.jpg

DSC07360.jpg.d78ce96d5ab23caeec6b1f803c32670b.jpg hello-kitty-flight-attendants.jpg.8c8e05912f0a11aec6786d0d3da2b6ce.jpg

back on subject midnight tonight after 139 days of second wave lockdown Melbourne is open for business and can go to restaurants/pubs and retail shop in limited numbers, but the 25klm and city rural divide still exists as do sate borders. Our cases have been around 3 per day for the last fortnight and zero over last 24hrs, slight hickup late last week with a school cluster (Islamic) 800 people isolated for 2 weeks and thousands tested appears our contact tracing is now up to scratch, but cause was once again State Govt caused confusing directions to original isolated family. 

Early Nov we hope Victoria willl be totally free can travel statewide BUT still some eating out and shopping limitations re numbers state borders still to be negotiated West Aus will be keeping their borders closed till next year, methinks part political state election coming & they have been totally free for months never had a second wave other states hope to be open & free travel before Christmas. Only Vic had a second wave due too State Govt incompetence in managing returning travellers and quarantine breeches. 

Like the Taiwanese Hello Kitty Airline my daughter in law will be into that next time she gets home!

Si i did recently read about a 5km travel limit (from home address) in Victoria, but a pregnant woman dragged from her home by police for a comment made on social media? Or have i been dwinking too much Gwuinness these last few weeks.

Sounds like you guys are a little bit stricter on the matter. We just appear to be gliding towards an xmas full lockdown.

40 minutes ago, Simons3 said:

Si i did recently read about a 5km travel limit (from home address) in Victoria, but a pregnant woman dragged from her home by police for a comment made on social media? Or have i been dwinking too much Gwuinness these last few weeks.

Sounds like you guys are a little bit stricter on the matter. We just appear to be gliding towards an xmas full lockdown.

We're getting the usual exaggerated scare stories in the UK too; we had one yesterday where a woman complained she was prevented from buying sanitary products as they were non-essential... what they didn't say, after all the hysteria and everyone jumping on the bandwagon, was that the store had been the scene of an armed robbery earlier, and the area she tried to access was cordoned off by Police to await forensic examination. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, tho.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Then why wasn't she told that, Colin?

It may be that she did not ask at the time. She went home and told her daughter, who contacted Tescos: 'Why was this area non-accessible?' Tescos Head Office Customer Services messaged her with a standard Covid response to say that the area had been cordoned off as non-essential; this was then corrected once the area in question had been identified, and confirmed by South Wales Police, that it had been cordoned off due to a burglary. 

Simon, Te pregnant woman in Melb she easn’t pregnant but was a young mother who I can’t fully remember had refused to do as police requested. Initially the police appeared heavy handed but there was justifiable cause if I remember she was the leader of a proposed dis-obedience march against the lock down, we’re free to do what we want and Covid was a conspiracy.
Story died quickly and she got no public support.

That makes sense Peter. I wasn't having a pop btw. This is why i don't do facebook, twitter and instagram etc. Unfortunately too many people do, then fill my head with the tripe it spouts.

I cant remember who told me the story but glad to hear the truth from an aussie.

When i look at all these death rates from WHO it strikes me that certain countries are more efficient at controlling this virus. Namely ones surrounded by water. Trust the UK to fcuk up a glorious opportunity to follow suit.

Enjoy the summer you lucky bugger 😎

2 hours ago, Simons3 said:

When I look at all these death rates from WHO it strikes me that certain countries are more efficient at controlling this virus. Namely ones surrounded by water. Trust the UK to fcuk up a glorious opportunity to follow suit.😎

I think we sort of missed the boat by telling all those nice people arriving at airports to go home and quarantine themselves, and trusted that they would. :) 

• Sad 1