Website Access

ptr200

Wow, at last I am back on line !

After faffing about trying to log on and then get on the forum I eventually emailed the TSSC for advise...

Thank you Angie, star !, for telling me I needed to log on the main board and THEN log in AGAIN to get access to the forum... bizarre, but it worked!  ( the dual login needs to be mentioned on the TSSC log in page really)

I have to say, an unusual setup for a website and more so as this new TSSC site had the opportunity to be built from scratch and should really be top notch from day one.

Still, work in progress, I guess.

Now, where to start................ :rolleyes:

Wow, at last I am back on line !

After faffing about trying to log on and then get on the forum I eventually emailed the TSSC for advise...

Thank you Angie, star !, for telling me I needed to log on the main board and THEN log in AGAIN to get access to the forum... bizarre, but it worked!  ( the dual login needs to be mentioned on the TSSC log in page really)

I have to say, an unusual setup for a website and more so as this new TSSC site had the opportunity to be built from scratch and should really be top notch from day one.

Still, work in progress, I guess.

Now, where to start................ :rolleyes:

The main club website and the new club Forum have deliberately been kept separate, requiring separate login's.

The Login to the main club website is to enable you to obtain members prices from the shop, and to view the contact details etc of the Area Organisers and the local area events.  Signing up for this login is available only for paid up Club members, and is validated against the Club membership database.

The login for the new club Forum is available for anyone - member or non member - just like several other Triumph club fora.

The new club Forum is hosted on the computers of Invison Power, a leading provider of forums.

The IP board software includes significant protection to try and prevent spammers from registering, and so far it has prevented a significant number of registrations using email addresses and IP addresses held in the central Invision Power spammer database - this automatic pre-screening of registrations has helped significantly with admin and moderator workload.

So far, only one spammer has managed to evade these behind the scenes checks, and his account was blocked as soon as he started spamming.  He is now included in the central database, so should never bother us again.

One or two members have somehow managed to trigger this protection during their registration for the new forum. 

As soon as we spot that there are legitimate users who have been blocked by the spammer trap, we unlock the account and validate their membership.

If anyone trying to register for the forum finds that they have been blocked in this manner, then please contact one of the team of moderators via the Club HQ.